Thread: 2180 cc

2180 cc

Vexus

when will you post specs and pricing on this model, see pictures of it on IG fishing in Venice

2. bayousmallie
    probably sometime in January.
    I have the 1980cc and really enjoy it

3. Member
    Looks like they just put it out: https://vexusboats.com/boats/model/7/avx2180cc

4. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    We are proud to add another impressive model to the AVX Series, the AVX2180cc. At 20’7” in length, it’s built for a wide range of salt, brackish, and freshwater ventures. The 2180cc will make its public debut this weekend at the Historic Houston Boat at the NRG Center. You can find more information, photos, and start designing your own on http://vexusboats.com.

https://www.facebook.com/vexusboats/videos/362865557845357/

Last edited by sclark; 01-03-2019 at 04:42 PM.

5. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Did anyone make it to the Houston Boat Show last weekend ?
    How was it ?

6. bayousmallie
    I went there Friday. And its a big boat show saw Kris there. Hoover boats had the 1880 1980 2080 along with the 2180c.c. and 1980c.c.

7. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bayousmallie View Post
    I went there Friday. And its a big boat show saw Kris there. Hoover boats had the 1880 1980 2080 along with the 2180c.c. and 1980c.c.
    What did you think of that 2180cc ?

8. Member
    A 20.5' aluminum bay boat that only carries 4...I passed as soon as I saw it. I know, I know...you can't fish more than 3-4 comfortably from a bay boat. But you should be able to carry more than 4 out to the flats to wade. I never got further than that before I headed off to look at Majeks, Haynies, Shallow Sports, etc...I'm on the Texas gulf coast, so it's worth the extra $10-12k for me to get one of those builds in glass versus the Vexus. That being said, it's a good looking boat for sure, as are their bass models. If I didn't have 3 teenagers and wife who wanted to enjoy being on the water with me, it might work. Just doesn't for my needs

9. bayousmallie
    Well I really like it. Its a little bigger then mine. So I believe it will be a good seller.
    So I think it was a good show there. I also will say that if I hadn't purchase the 1980 in November
    this one would have been my boat.

10. Member
    Okay, I'm here to correct a misunderstanding on my post above (post #8)

Me and the family drove to Dallas this weekend for their boat show. While there, I saw the Vexus boats and had to walk over again and check out the 1980CC. I immediately noticed that the 1980CC is rated for 5, and as you can see in post #8, the 2080CC at the Houston boat show had a CG placard that read 4...I was confused, so I did what I should have done at the Houston show and asked what the deal was. The owner of the dealership called over the Vexus rep (Kris was his name, if I recall correctly) who apologized for that mixup. They had thrown a CG tag on that they had available, but it was a tag for the AVX1980. He stated that they're still in the testing stage, but that they're expecting it to rate at 6 passenger. So that threw the 2080CC back in the ballgame for us. Kris was extremely helpful, answered every question I had, and spent quite a bit of time with us going over everything about the boat, from start of build to the finished product that I saw in Houston.

So as of now, the 2080CC is back at the forefront of boats for us. I'll have a t-top added as an aftermarket addition, and he showed me exactly where it needed to be attached. Unfortunately for now they're building boats to meet current orders and I don't know when I'll be able to take a ride in one. But hopefully I'll be able to ride in the 1980CC and get a feel for how the 2080CC will ride

And to the gentleman from North Texas Marine (I believe it may have been the owner of the dealership) who recalled my post that I had posted on here about the mistake, I appreciate the attention to your customers. Thanks for calling over the rep and getting my confusion cleared up

11. Member
    Customer service. Props to the rep .

12. Member

How do you like your 1980 CC

Quote Originally Posted by bayousmallie View Post
    probably sometime in January.
    I have the 1980cc and really enjoy it
    How do you like the 1980 CC so far? I am going back and forth between the 1980 CC and the 2180 CC. They both look like really nice boats. Are you taking it out in the Ocean too? If so how does it handle?

13. bayousmallie
    Sorry about the late response just saw it. Well I'm in Southeast Louisiana so mostly fish in the marsh and oilfield canals around my area. Been to Grand Isle a few times. It handles very well and gets on plane really good . Been in some chop and rollers. Did very well.

14. Member
    Bayou, i just bought 1980 CC with Mercury 4 stroke. What motor and prop are you running. I would like to know what kind of performance you are getting with your set up. Thanks

15. bayousmallie
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuceboy View Post
    Bayou, i just bought 1980 CC with Mercury 4 stroke. What motor and prop are you running. I would like to know what kind of performance you are getting with your set up. Thanks
    well i have the e-tec 150 G-2 H.O. using the 24 prop that was on boat. the performance is good. will be in the low 50's with about 5700 rpm.