Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel1 View Post
    Find one club that you use and find confidence in. Choke up or down the shaft as needed for you keep the speed up in the swing.
    I realize this is an old post, but as the season is getting ready to start up again.....

this is is what I do. I don’t have time to practice like I used to, so it is one club from 100 i for me. You can build a good short game around 1 club.

As as for the problem of chili dip or chunked shots from that range......a SLIGHTLY firmer grip with the pinky and ring finger on the left hand (for a right handed golfer) will pretty much eliminate that!

2. Member
    Keep in mind the bounce angle. A 13 degree bounce on a 56 degree wedge is not a good option for a tight lie. I have multiple wedges for the courses I play

3. Member
    I’d recommend practicing with a towel under your armpits.. I know it sounds weird but most people are too steep with wedges, pros always draw wedges, even ones that cut everything else. It is because you want to let the bounce work for you and it is way more consistent with distance control. Try to stay connected.

I’ve been messing around with the 50 yard shot in my yard the past couple weeks waiting to get a nice free day to hit the course. But I’ve found for myself, opening up a 60 degree and taking about a 1/2-3/4 swing has worked wonders for me. It took me some time to get use to taking a nice long divot and finishing my swing but once it all clicked i could put it 5-10 yards from a archery target from 50 yards out pretty consistently unless I bladed it haha
    2002 Triton TR 185/ 2002 Mercury XR6
    Lowrance HDS 12/HDS 7- Console
    Lowrance HDS 9/Carbon 9-LiveSight Str8-Up dual mount- Bow

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ACBASSTEAM View Post
    I’ve been messing around with the 50 yard shot in my yard the past couple weeks waiting to get a nice free day to hit the course. But I’ve found for myself, opening up a 60 degree and taking about a 1/2-3/4 swing has worked wonders for me. It took me some time to get use to taking a nice long divot and finishing my swing but once it all clicked i could put it 5-10 yards from a archery target from 50 yards out pretty consistently unless I bladed it haha
    This is what I do as well, I just adjust up or back in my stance for distance and open or square the face for trajectory. Accelerating through the ball is the key though. Whether it's a 1/4 swing or a full swing, I can still spin it enough to stop it quick with a 1/4 swing or pull it back with 3/4 to a full swing on bent grass greens. Champions bermuda is a whole different animal.

Quote Originally Posted by sc419795 View Post
    Would love to. Down in North Carolina for the winters. Will be back in Indiana mid-June. Will figure out how to meet 1/2 way.
    Steve....where you at in NC??

2006 RANGER 519VX
    200HP MERCURY OPTI-MAX
    Sole member of " THE FISHERMEN FOR LIFE" a fisherman that knows one can make the difference!!

7. Member
    Use Hinge and Hold method from Phil Mickelson. He goes into detail on this exact shot and others. Learn from the best in the game

8. Member
    This shot is dependent on the green and the wind. The problem with wedges is the harder you hit them, the higher they go-- opposite of most clubs. So while most people expect to get more yardage out of their 56* swinging harder than normal, its just not the case (consistently). Controlling spin and ball flight is the number 1 priority on these shots. You need to find the club you can hit a slowly rising ball flight with 3/4 swing finishing with a full follow through. This will generate a consistent spin rate for all your wedges, and the ball should react similarly with a PW- 60* if this is correctly done. The best drill I ever learned on this was putting a tee barely in the ground 4-5" behind the ball to create a downward attack on the golf ball. If you can cleanly hit the ball, success. If you clip the tee first, your club bottoms out before hitting the ball and that is what causes chunks and skulled shots.

9. Banned
    IL >Tinley Park & Shawnee N.F. Lakes Explorer. Help..
    Cup a 8 iron and hit a low shot to the front of the green and let it release. 2nd option.. accept that there is no advantage to being 50 to 70 yards out, lay up at 90 or 100yrds and use full wedge. 3rd > accept it's probably a 3 shot finish and hit safe on green with 20 % chance at draining the putt.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12