Hydrotec 1.62 gears, fat shaft and lower mod

Is there anyone on here that is running Hydrotec's new 1.62 gears, fat shaft and mod'ed lower? I'm looking for before and after numbers - speeds, rpm ,etc as compared to stock lower with 1.75 gears... All this is of course assuming a flashed SHO on a fairly light weight hull...
    Blazer 650 PRO /Nizpro SC SHO

2. Member
    I run the modded lower and don’t have the 1.62 gear yet, but I’m at 16” back and 3” above the pad with 18-20 lbs WP. Holds the boat solid in the low 90’s. Stock lower will not work for my set up. The 1.62’s are next to increase prop selection. Not a lot of options on 30p and above big diameter thru hubs. The new Merc 4’s May improve the prop market quickly though.

3. aka Strokedyamaha StrokerSmoker's Avatar
    I hope to get to test Hydro-Tec's new lower on my boat very soon a short shafted Yamaha SHO case with 1.62 gears with a new Hydro-Tec nose cone testing it on my Stroker....Right now they are sold out of the 1.62 gears and have more in-process they sold out very quickly of the first production run.

Hi performance parts or a Yamaha power head visit
    Hydro-Tec's web site @ http://www.yamaha-rebuild.com/
    Paul Hottman Hydro-Tec's Pro staff since 1998

4. Member
    Yeah.. I was suppose to be in first run, but somehow I missed Wayne's voicemails...

im pushing my Phoenix into lower mid 80's, but it ain't going to do much more.. If I thought a mod'ed lower with 1.62 would give me more speed on my boat, I'd go for it, but also don't want to just waste $5K plus for 1 or 2 mph...My boat isn't a light weight at 1800 pounds. I'm already running at about 1 to 1 1/2" below pad, and spinning worked T1-26 at 6400...

Im runnng 12" back..

Thoughts?

5. aka Strokedyamaha StrokerSmoker's Avatar
    Yeah more are coming soon ........Id get the gears installed and then on March 7-10 we are having a rally some fishing but mostly running boats its at Table rock holiday hideaway is where every one is staying....you could test props and set ups and lots of people with know how and of course the Hydro-Tec team is there too. I am sure we could get it set up ....not only is it fun you could probably find a prop that runs best on your rig...and a new personal best.....

Hi performance parts or a Yamaha power head visit
    Hydro-Tec's web site @ http://www.yamaha-rebuild.com/
    Paul Hottman Hydro-Tec's Pro staff since 1998

6. Member
    Thanks..I'll put those dates down!