Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar

Okay, admitted newb question

I have a 2015 ProXS 115hp 2 stroke, need to do yearly maintenance. Have not done it before myself, have a friend who is willing to teach me if I get the stuff. He has done his own for over 20 years.

My stupid question is what do I need to grab, which lower unit oil, drain plug washers....anything else?

Also, any sponsors here that would be a good place to talk to and order from?
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

2. Member
    Here's my routine:

1. Stabilize fuel with Stabil fuel treatment make sure to run motor to circulate throughout.
    2. Change lower unit oil, use new drain washers.
    3. Grease all motor fittings.
    4. Remove spark plugs and spray in fogging oil.
    5. Spray some kind of anti corrosion agent on electrical connections.
    6. Check trailer bearings by raising trailer, spin to see if roughness is present, check for side to side play, add grease/oil.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by obsession18 View Post
    Here's my routine:

1. Stabilize fuel with Stabil fuel treatment make sure to run motor to circulate throughout.
    2. Change lower unit oil, use new drain washers.
    3. Grease all motor fittings.
    4. Remove spark plugs and spray in fogging oil. NEVER use fogging oil in an Optimax!!!
    5. Spray some kind of anti corrosion agent on electrical connections.
    6. Check trailer bearings by raising trailer, spin to see if roughness is present, check for side to side play, add grease/oil.
    There are very useful FAQs at the top of the 2.5 and 3L forums, most of which apply to ALL Optimax engines. For a definitive annual maintenance and winterization guide see this specific topic -

Recommended Annual Maintenance or Winterization for Optimax Engines
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax