Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Bose bluetooth speaker,

Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    Do you have an in dash speedometer? Do you have GPS?...if yes then use the GPS for speed and remove the speedometer. They have several marine radios that are a perfect fit for the speedometer hole.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...d+marine+radio
    I have BOSS model in my Nitro. Works like a champ. Recommend you also install a signal booster to your antenna.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

3. Banned
    Sonic hub is great, except for the speakers that come with it. I would buy aftermarket speakers, that is what I did. Buy the speakers before you cut holes for the sonic hub speakers also. The hole required for the sonic hub speaker is an odd size and not many after market speakers are that size. I dremeled the holes in my boat and it was a pain in the butt. Finally found some rockford fosgate that use the same size hole and they sound great.

4. Member
    Blue tooth speaker and Pandora radio is the ticket. No holes to cut and they sound great.
    Phoenix 721 PRO XP 250 SHO!

5. Member
    I go fishing to enjoy peace and quiet on the water and the sounds of nature. But to each their own.
    me too , no stereo in the last 4 boats.

Also lots of Bluetooth speakers that you can just charge and play music off your phone. I have a stereo in my last boat, and opted to just go with Bluetooth speaker on my Legend this time. Speake fits right in cup holder.
    2015 Legend V20
    250 ProXS
    Lowrance HDSLIVE 12s/16
    BBC Member since 2003

lol. disregard, this horse is well beat
    2015 Legend V20
    250 ProXS
    Lowrance HDSLIVE 12s/16
    BBC Member since 2003

A black box that’s controlled by your electronics. Fusion, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by smp005 View Post
    I have the sonic hub and really like it.. I usually use it bluetooth with my iphone and spotify but the AM/Fm radio work fine as well... Control it all from my HDS...
    +1

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pabasshawk View Post
    I go fishing to enjoy peace and quiet on the water and the sounds of nature. But to each their own.
    Same here. Personally, would be fine with me if was against the law. Does nothing but destroy peace and quiet.

11. Member
    I just installed my radio this week. I had the same setup in my last boat, and it sounds really good for a bass boat. I like to listen to music while fishing by myself or swimming in the summer. Here's my setup,

Boss guage style radio
    Jbl Marine amp
    Polk audio marine speakers

All in all, I have about$200 in it. I think they probably sounds better than the Sonic hub due to the Polk speakers and amp, but I think that's a pretty cool setup as well. Here's a couple pics of the install.

Yes, I did have to drink a beer to calm my nerves before I drilled a 5 inch hole through fiberglass, but this one want brake as bad as my last one.

Bose Micro or the Ultimate Ears 2 all the way before I put a 5” in my bass boat. Technology changes. With a Bluetooth speaker I can improve all the time. + some, like the Bose micro, I can pair two for stereo.

2013 Phoenix 721 ProXP

For those that use the sonic hub, does it become a pain in the butt having to go thru the graph every time you change volume or channels? What all can you with the sonic hub? Stereo only? Thanks Larry
    There’s no use being stupid if you’re not willing to show it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Heethen View Post
    Same here. Personally, would be fine with me if was against the law. Does nothing but destroy peace and quiet.
    Man we have some curmudgeons here
    Ranger R81VS, Mercury 175EFI w/ 25 Tempest

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Heethen View Post

Hence My choice of iPod™ I don't even turn on the car radio because for Me to actually hear it, it would blow the dogs ears' out ... I guess You have the same tools at Your local waters? You can hear THEIR radio over Your outboard... sssshhhhh I may be sleeping.

16. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by high 2 View Post
    For those that use the sonic hub, does it become a pain in the butt having to go thru the graph every time you change volume or channels? What all can you with the sonic hub? Stereo only? Thanks Larry
    its on the screen all the time, easy access. or do it from your phone, its just a stereo receiver /amp, it will play anything you put in it, ipod, sirus xm, spotify , I listen to bass or flw live or youtube, also have access to play movies from amazon prime

the hub is a nice feature if you have Lowrence, I dont recommend the speakers
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

17. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    I like the Sonic Hub but
    if you dont have Lowrance already take a look at the Kicker Systems, especially the speakers

https://www.kicker.com/source_units
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

18. Banned
    I can control the stereo from either depthfinder. The sonic hub speakers are terrible. I got rockford fosgate speakers and they sound incredible.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12