Champion 190SX Livewells

Where is the livewell pump on my 2001 Champion 190SX located? Will I need to remove the fuel tank to access it? I don't want to do this.

The fill and aeration does not work at all. However, the hydro pro air, livewell lights, and bilge pump all work fine.

This is not a real big deal for me as I now only do catch and release fishing and do not fish tournaments. However I would like to get this fixed for next year.
    Also have a workaround - leave the vent open and livewells fill somewhat by gravity and I can use the pro-air.

In looking at my accessory wires, I notice I have 3 black negative wires but only 2 red positive wires.

Thank you

2. Member
    Not sure exactly of the layout of a 190sx, but I have a 196 and to access my livewell pump, I have to pull all batteries, charger and oil tank. Mine is located under them.

3. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    The 190 SX is a really neat model, but the livewell system should be exactly the same as any other model for that year. Hopefully, someone will be along to explain pump location, etc!!

The fill/aeration are on the same pump/switch...

4. Member
    Thank you Champ 2001 and Lea.

5. Member
    Seems like the pump out on my 187 was under the gas tank? I know I had to have the tank removed to change one of the pumps. I know most of the pumps were under the batteries and oil tank on my 181SX. I don't think I had a pump out on that one. I sold that boat back in 2003..slept since then LOL.

I sure had a lot of fun in that 97 181SX, especially qualifying for the Ultimate Challenge on Guntersville and fishing it on Grand Lake. The comments were priceless when you showed up with a F/S to fish those big tournaments.

6. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    So right, n2!!! IMHO, the SXs were/are the best F&S bass boats ever. Most F&S models are geared more to the S side of things. The Champion SXs are great regardless of how your day is planned.....so you can fish tourneys or fun fishing trips one day, and have a comfortable day on the water with the family the next!

7. Member
    The actual pump is in the bilge area. Take out your batteries, etc. there will be 2 aluminum trays. Lift them out and you’ll be in the bilge. Aerator and bilge pump will be there. I suggest taking off the back deck hatch so you can lay on the back deck while working. Changing the pump is not hard.

8. Member
    Thank you Batman1977. BTW, what performance numbers to you get running your 190SX?

9. Member
    No problem. I was all trough that area when I dried my transom out last winter. Most consistent prop for me is a tempest +. 61ish@5500, that’s a 150merc. Very good hole shot and it’s not as effected with the weight from the entire family as the trophy+. And the ride.......you know,you have the same boat, unbelievable.

10. Member
    Thank you Batman1977. Mine is a 2001 model with the same year Merc 200 EFI. I am on Cedar Lake in central MN elevation 1200 feet. I run a 24 Trophy and an 8" manual Slidemaster jack plate. Also have a 23 Tempest for heavy loads in hot weather. It runs in the mid 60's GPS with light to average load.

The ride and handling is excellent. I did have to have the engine rebuilt thru the Mercury remanufacturing program in 2015 due to oil injection failure.