Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. mikesxpress
    It's a bathtub with an engine that keeps my arse from getting wet while I fish. The better it does that, the happier I am.

For where your going to fish regularly I would pass on the true bass boat hulls and get the biggest deep V you can afford. I've been on Erie each year and in a Z21 Intracoastal Ranger it's no fun. How about a 24' Regulator or Yellowfin?

2. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    My vote would be a Ranger Z522D with a 300 G2

Good luck

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

Both boats are great ... got to pick the one you like sitting in the best and layout according to your fishing style ...

personally i I like the skeeter better boat wise ... but hate the look of Yamaha engines and it's the only engine you can get so I would never buy a skeeter unfortunately... but many people love the look of the Yamaha

4. AR Bass Club/AR Fishing Moderator GhostComanche's Avatar
    Both are good boats. Get the one that you can get serviced locally or close by. JMHO...........RR

"Never argue with an idiot; He will beat you to death with stupidity"

I just came out of a 2016 ZX225 and I’m now in a Z519C. Both are great boats but I had a Skeeter FX 21 prior to the previous two and I would definitely go with a 21 footer on that water. You can still find some nice used 21 footers in your price range with warranty left on the motor.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12