New Four stroke trim issues!

I have Mercury smart craft and separate digital trim gauge ,my issue is dealer replaced the trim sending unit and the gauges kind of work. You do not get a reading until I have trimmed the motor way past where it should start reading and when running at what should be normal trim when running NO reading ,if anyone has any thoughts I would really appreciate it . Basscat puma 250 Mercury four stroke v-8

My trim gauge has never worked in my new ranger. Thanks for reminding me!

3. Banned
    Was the trim calibration completed?

4. Member
    I watched the mechanic change but I did not see any calibration nor did I know you needed to ,thanks for the insight !

Yes I did it when I installed the smart craft gauge. Bought the boat in July and it never worked even on the ranger gauges.

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Please take a moment to review the Forum Announcements, and provide the Required Info with your post. Thanks!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor