Thread: Power pole down

Power pole down

Went out this morning and one pp is dropped . Don’t see any fluid on ground. Replaced lines in bothe this summer after one busted. Original power poles. Any ideas.??

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    could be valve in the pump, I would put it up see if happpens on a consistant basis. Hows fluid level?

3. BBC SPONSOR
    Stuck check valve

Call PP 813-689-9932, Ext 2

Get RMA to have pump flowed. You will have to pull the pump from the boat, drain fluid and send to them, Approx 3 day turn around and they will ship it back ready to go.

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrilla Gear View Post
    Stuck check valve

Call PP 813-689-9932, Ext 2

Get RMA to have pump flowed. You will have to pull the pump from the boat, drain fluid and send to them, Approx 3 day turn around and they will ship it back ready to go.
    Ty for confirming my diagnosis Rich, Have yourself a wonderful New Year!

5. Member
    No pressure. Push up and falls down. Storms have prevented me from getting uncovered to see what’s up. I should be able to check tomortow

6. Member
    Good catch Rich!

I second the motion that PP customer service is top notch.
    Back in the spring I had my old 'single' PP fail to come up while we were on the water. Pulled the hose and pulled it up, tied it, fished the day. Get home, hook it back up next day and it'd work as I reversed the wires, then put them back, then it worked like a top from that point forward. Figured it was the old (separate) controller relay going out. Called PP and they said send the pump back and they'd replace it with one with the built in relay, FOR FREE!

I ended up just going with a pair of 10' Blades (thanks Rich!), took a video of the old one working, put it on CL and had it sold in a couple hours. Told the buyer that it'd flaked out, but PP would replace it if it did it again. He was happy, I was happy, and AFAIK it's not done it again. Go figure.
    Later,

Dixie Chicken