94 tracker pro team restoration

Hey everyone, I just joined the group and I just started restoring my tracker. So far I have it all torn down and I’m getting ready to start cleaning everything up. It’s my first time doing something like this so any advise is very appreciated. I tried to attached some pictures of where I’m at so far but for some reason it isn’t working. I plan on replacing all of the wood decking, carpets and making a small change to a couple compartments. If you guys have any tips or tricks please send them my way. Thanks everyone!

Welcome, and all though a few of us here have done the same project you’re undertaking. For your year model boat. You should check out TinBoats.net, there are some real professionals on that site that restore these boats on a regular basis.

But and tread search here will get you to some as well. Look up my pass treads and you find my build.

Have fun, don’t get into a hurry, (because a ideal for a section will change many times) and what you finish is exactly with out the HO I Wish I Had Done This Instead. Good luck

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

3. Member
    Good luck and take your time, don't rush it. I gutted my '87 tracker a few years ago to put in new wood and carpet. I sealed the wood with epoxy resin from West Marine. When you get the carpet, get plenty. It took a 27' long section to do my 17' boat since the hatch covers can't simply be cut out from the section laid over them. Also make sure you keep the carpet pile oriented the same direction from to avoid a patchy appearance.
    2018 Tracker Pro Team 190 TX
    115 Mercury Pro XS 4S

4. Member
    Thank you guys!

Sounds like a fun project. Its a big job restoring a boat like said above take your time and do things how you want it. If you want to make any changes now is the time. Also the mods and how toos sticky at the top may have some ideas for yoy as well.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.