Fx21 - best riding prop opinions

This past summer I ran a 25t1, fury 4, razor 4 and a tempest. All 4 props ran well but it seems that the t-1 is still the best riding prop. It seemed to me that the others had more stern lift in the rough stuff. Has anyone had opposite results?

2. Member
    25T1 for my FX21...

3. Member
    I’m currently looking for options as well. I have a 25T1 and not too impressed. Ran it yesterday and I’m hitting 5950 rpm and top speed was only 70. This is about a mile run too though. That is dual console, two talons, and 3/4 tank fuel. I heard the turbo fxp is one to look in to as well.

4. Member
    I don't really care about top end, looking for the best riding prop.

5. Member
    If you purchased an FX21 for speeds over 70mph you’re going to be very disappointed... You can try all the props you want but you better start shedding weight and remove those Talons. Get a Bass Cat if you want to go 75 plus.. Just my opinion since I’ve owned several FX20/21’s and just sold my 17 FX21 and went back to a FX20.

6. Member
    Not sure why speed is even being talked about. The questions is best riding props, not fastest props. I didn't buy a fx21 to break sound barriers.

7. Member
    I have a FX 20, I know you have the FX21. I get a great ride and performance from my stock prop. I find that by adjusting the trim I can fine tune the ride. I know this doesn't answer your question exactly but my experience has been fine tuning the trim works well. I just have no experience of switching props to answer your exact question.

8. Member
    Waknbass, generally speaking a 4 bladed prop provides a smoother, more comfortable ride, albeit slightly slower than a 3 blade, such as 25T1. I suggest you contact Andrew at Lanier Prop and discuss with him. I believe he is pushing a 4 bladed Bravo.

Diwfish I have a FX21 and consistently get speeds over 70mph, loaded 2 talons, 2 people and fueled up. Running stock prop 25T2 and atlas jackplate. Top speed so far by myself is 75.6. I had a ZX 225 that would run 70 loaded. The FX likes the jackplate high when its weighted down.
    2018 Skeeter FX21 LE Ox Blood

10. Member
    Waknbass, sorry for the misunderstanding. If you are going for ride, I was informed on this site the bravo 25p 4 blade would be your best bet. I haven’t tried it but worth looking in to.

11. Member
    For me it’s seemed that the 3 blades provide a softer ride. I like the driving characteristics of the 4 blades I have tried except they all seem to ride rougher. I am guessing the 4 blades add more stern lift which attributes to this? Thinking of sticking with the 25 t-1 and possibly trying a bravo but from what I read, the bravo is a stern lifter.

12. Banned
    My partner has an 18 fx21...definitely softer than my L boat runs stock 25 I believe....

13. Member
    The 26 FXP runs smooth on my 16 FX 21
    X

14. Member
    My 2014 FX21 is about as heavy as it can get. The best "ride" I have found is the turbo 25 FXP in the summer and 26 FXP in the winter. Tried many different setups and it is hard to find an equivalent in my opinion. Unfortunately, just threw an ear on my 26 FXP and took out the lower unit, lower and mid cowlings. Trying to find a replacement FXP is difficult. My backup is a T-1 which is known to throw blades. Heavy boat + SHO Torque = $$. So, looking to start over and go back to the drawing board. Let me know if you find a good match.

15. Member
    Probably going to keep my Razor 4, it does everything great other than ride as soft as the t-1 and I can't see slinging a blade on this one either, its thick.

16. Member
    I have a 2006 21i with a 300R Merc. I have found a 27 tempest plus to give me the best of both worlds. ride and speed. I wish I could find a 27t1 that would work on a merc hub just to compare. That prop seemed to do the best on my 21i. Top speed has been 80.2 mph before I backed out of it. It was wanting to slide around sideways too much from the stern lift. I still had more pedal left, but not big enough cojones....

17. Member
    Just so you know you’re commenting on very old threads.
    2008 Skeeter 21I. Yamaha 250 Series II.
    2011 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 4x4.