trebles - stx38 owner vs gama TGW finesse

been fishing the "aaron martens" TGW Finesse trebles and was considering trying the stx 38s or Hayabusa NBL930

Any recommendations? Will mainly be on jerkbaits, lipless and some smaller cranks.
    Where are the BIG ones? When are we going?
    LOOKING for a Great deal on a Slightly used 20-21' Boat.

2. Banned
    I love the ST-36’s. Never failed me

I agree with Big Guy, the ST-36s are probably the best treble I've ever put to widespread usage. That's not to say they're necessarily the best out there, just the best that I've used enough to feel I can offer a fair opinion on.

That said, I've been running KVD Triple Grips on just about everything. They're definitely not as sharp as the ST-36 but are sharp enough, and they hold fish extremely well. The thing that tips me their direction is the cost. Board sponsor fishkds.com has them for like $23 per 100. The ST-36s are undoubtedly a great hook, but cost a great deal more. Now that I found some good split ring pliers (Xuron), I don't mind changing hooks a little more often as long as the new ones work. The KVDs do their job.

I've only put the G-Finesse ones to minimal use...I bought some in large sizes to replace hooks on my deep cranks. I've caught some fish on them, they're quite sharp (I'd put them equal with the ST-36, others say they're sharper but I couldn't say that with any confidence), and I have been happy, but given the relative rarity with which I use those deep cranks and the low number of them I have, I just haven't used them enough to feel comfortable giving an opinion on them.

I've heard some good things about the Hayabusas. Never used them myself. Same story for the STX38.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewFlu33 View Post
    I agree with Big Guy, the ST-36s are probably the best treble I've ever put to widespread usage. That's not to say they're necessarily the best out there, just the best that I've used enough to feel I can offer a fair opinion on.

That said, I've been running KVD Triple Grips on just about everything. They're definitely not as sharp as the ST-36 but are sharp enough, and they hold fish extremely well. The thing that tips me their direction is the cost. Board sponsor fishkds.com has them for like $23 per 100. The ST-36s are undoubtedly a great hook, but cost a great deal more. Now that I found some good split ring pliers (Xuron), I don't mind changing hooks a little more often as long as the new ones work. The KVDs do their job.

I've only put the G-Finesse ones to minimal use...I bought some in large sizes to replace hooks on my deep cranks. I've caught some fish on them, they're quite sharp (I'd put them equal with the ST-36, others say they're sharper but I couldn't say that with any confidence), and I have been happy, but given the relative rarity with which I use those deep cranks and the low number of them I have, I just haven't used them enough to feel comfortable giving an opinion on them.

I've heard some good things about the Hayabusas. Never used them myself. Same story for the STX38.
    Trying those too Drew. I’m weird like playing with hooks. Oh I did put a number 5 g finesse on a Gunfish. They’re sticky sharp. Meant a number 3 up front
    Last edited by Big Guy; 12-31-2018 at 07:45 PM.

5. Member
    TGW is great for light line techniques, jerkbait being my favorite use for them. However, if you're throwing a lipless on 15 - 20 lb line, you're better off with a Gam EWG SS Magic Eye Treble or the KVD Mustad EWG.