Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I know the v6 is different than the V8 but on my 200 horsepower 4 stroke V8 I'm running a 23 fury and consistently hit 5600-5700 hundred RPMs boat tops out at 67 miles an hour. Fully loaded or empty runs the same speed not bad for a 20 ft 898 nitro

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by idratherbeefishin View Post
    I know the v6 is different than the V8 but on my 200 horsepower 4 stroke V8 I'm running a 23 fury and consistently hit 5600-5700 hundred RPMs boat tops out at 67 miles an hour. Fully loaded or empty runs the same speed not bad for a 20 ft 898 nitro
    The 200hp V8 is offered with a 1.85 geared lower unit like the V6 or 1.75 torque master which I assume you have the latter based on the numbers you provided, is that right?

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelman View Post
    Running the numbers they provided on a 24" Fury 4 (the smallest pitch available) I come up with ~5% slip, at that low of slip you could run upper 60s with yours if the outboard will push it that fast.
    Sounds like right where I want to be.
    Craig
    USMC Retired
    2019 Nitro Z18 w/Dual Consoles
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS

Psalm 29:3 The voice of the Lord is upon the waters: the God of glory thundereth: the Lord is upon many waters.

The 200hp V8 is offered with a 1.85 geared lower unit like the V6 or 1.75 torque master which I assume you have the latter based on the numbers you provided, is that right?
    Yes gear is the same, I think red line is 5800 it's right at the top for Max performance.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by idratherbeefishin View Post
    Yes gear is the same, I think red line is 5800 it's right at the top for Max performance.
    6200 is actually the redline for the ProXS V8s, you might try a 22" pitch Tempest if bored as it has better lift characteristics than the Fury and might allow a heavier hull to perform better. If nothing else the smaller pitch will be better for holeshot and raise rpm's a little more.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nailbender8 View Post
    Sounds like right where I want to be.
    Sorry for going off topic with the above, can't wait to see what yours runs!

Sorry for going off topic with the above, can't wait to see what yours runs!
    Thanks brother. It may be a little sooner than previously thought. I was supposed to be unavailable for the next two weeks due to work but that changed today so my schedule just opened up. Just spoke to the dealer trying to get my pick up date sometime next week.
    Craig
    USMC Retired
    2019 Nitro Z18 w/Dual Consoles
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS

Psalm 29:3 The voice of the Lord is upon the waters: the God of glory thundereth: the Lord is upon many waters.

8. Member
    picked up my new z18/175 4 stroke last friday, shipped with 22p tempest. I have 5.5 hours on the motor so far and top speed so far with the 22p 62.5 at 5850 rpm.. vesselview link/hds's so everything is accurate. I can not tach out yet, maybe conditions or maybe just the motor not fuilly broken in yet. Thinking of throwing my 23 tempest spare on and seeing if we can get to the mid 60's as the 22p is going to be done at 64 max rpm and 5% slip.. hydro plate so I an adjusting everything as we run for optimum speed and handling.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12