Thread: New camper

New camper

Im in the market for a newer camper. I have a 30 puma travel trailer. On a permanent site. My question is i found a 5th wheel that is perfect. But i only have a 2016 ram 1500. I dont want to buy a new truck yet. I wont be pulling the camper. Do any of you guys have a 5th wheel and a truck ot big enough to pull it. I have a bunch of friends that will help out tho.

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    You can usually get the dealer to deliver it. Negotiate that before you sign.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

3. Banned
    We just got home from spending a rainy weekend in our fifth wheel trailer in the North Georgia Mountains.

Ours stays in storage at our member owned campground all the time. Few of the owners of fifth wheels in our campground can tow them.

I do have a F250 diesel, but have not had to tow the trailer since I took delivery.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by champion204 View Post
    Im in the market for a newer camper. I have a 30 puma travel trailer. On a permanent site. My question is i found a 5th wheel that is perfect. But i only have a 2016 ram 1500. I dont want to buy a new truck yet. I wont be pulling the camper. Do any of you guys have a 5th wheel and a truck ot big enough to pull it. I have a bunch of friends that will help out tho.
    Just negotiate it as part of the deal. If you need to move it in the future, ask around, usually a $50-100 or dinner will get a short move.
    War Eagle Blackhawk 2170 - Suzuki 150, MG Xi5
    Lowrance HDS 7" & 9" - Twin Talon 12' Anchors

5. Member
    If you don't know anyone that has a 3/4 or 1 ton and the dealer won't deliver (I bet they will) then ask around at the car lots. I bet ya that have a few guys they know that run car haulers here and there with 1 tons they could recommend that would move it for you for a small cash fee.

6. Member
    I have owned RV's for years without having a tow vehicle. RV dealers have always delivered our units. We now have a Kropf Park Model that we absolutely love. We have bought our units from dealers that were 150 miles away from our site. I always negotiated free delivery to our permanent site.
    '14 Triton 18XS 150 Optimax Pro XS Fortrex 80
    Kropf Park model on Chautauqua Lake
    Fish Chautauqua Lake and Lake Erie
    Love bass and fly fishing for Trout and Steelhead