Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Even if I had the worlds best batteries I would still carry one of these. Compact, portable, easy to use. $99.00 insurance policy.
    Nice to have to help others also..

https://www.walmart.com/ip/NOCO-GB40...arter/46605770

• NOCO GB40. . Features: Compact, yet powerful lithium jump starter rated at 1,000 Amps (7,000 Joules) for up to 20 jump starts on a single charge. Ultra-safe and mistake-proof design with spark-proof

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellevue Bobber View Post
    The X2 Power and the NorthStar NSB-AGM31M are great batteries. They are the same as the discontinued Sears PM-1.
    They are not the same. The discontinued PM 1 was made by Odyssey, and is still available as the PC 2150. The Batteries Plus X2 is made by Northstar.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

3. Member
    Thanks for all the help. Battery is always charging when not in use. Doesn’t get taken off charge till time to go fish. Been doing this the same way for the past 8 to 10 years. Never had any issues with it till tournament season was over, thank goodness!

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Duracell Group 31 agm at Sams .. best bang for your buck, best battery for the money.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    Duracell Group 31 agm at Sams .. best bang for your buck, best battery for the money.
    +1 I have one and have run it in a night tournament for 13 hrs running pumps, lights, and graphs and it never missed a beat.

6. Rich Purington
    Quote Originally Posted by catdude28 View Post
    They are not the same. The discontinued PM 1 was made by Odyssey, and is still available as the PC 2150. The Batteries Plus X2 is made by Northstar.

According to the manufacturer, at NorthStar, the PM-1 specs were the model used to produce the X2 and the NorthStar equivalent (AGM31M). The individual providing the information actually worked at Odyssey prior to moving to NorthStar to oversee the production of the battery.

** I dont think the PC2150 has the same reserve as the Northstar. 220 vs 205?
    Last edited by Bellevue Bobber; 01-18-2019 at 05:58 PM. Reason: mo info
    2018 Puma FTD
    250 ProXS

7. Member
    That NAPA battery is a beast and light on the wallet.

Quote Originally Posted by fly by night View Post
    Amen, All things considered that battery is unbeatable
    Thank You Leon Pugh

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fly by night View Post
    Thats is if you don't mind running a NOT MADE FOR MARINE USE commercial truck battery.
    04 521VX 250 Pro XS
    14 521C 250 Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by bass.man65 View Post
    Thats is if you don't mind running a NOT MADE FOR MARINE USE commercial truck battery.

It's OK... It works great!

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

11. Member
    Mike is right.I run those Napa batteries 3 on t/motor and 1 starting and I have yet to run out of power. I fish red river here in Louisiana and fight current all day. You don’t really have to have marine batteries. I try to fish at least once a week year round and I get at least 4 years service out of a set. I have been using this setup for the last 20 years. They are a little heavy but they work great and hold up to a lot of amp draw and saves money.

12. Member
    If a battery is made good enough they will work in either application. The Napa battery will work fine as a cranking/high reserve battery, as trojan's deep cycles work for starting. Their SCS battery has a double rating and their 31 series battery only is rated for deep cycle use but I use them for cranking. Exactly the same battery internally per Trojan. And they work fine. The Napa battery is made by east Penn/deka and they are a excellent manufacturer. I would not hesitate to use one as Mike suggests. Cj
    Last edited by CJ1; 01-19-2019 at 04:42 PM.
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

13. Member
    Is the NAPA one an AGM? Hard to tell bc NAPA's website suck donkey balls.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoatNoobie View Post
    Is the NAPA one an AGM? Hard to tell bc NAPA's website suck donkey balls.
    No, the Napa in Mike's link is a flooded battery, made by East Penn/Deka. It may say "maintenance free" on it, but, if you want any longevity from it, peel off the label to expose the caps, monitor the levels, and water accordingly as in every other wet battery. The commercial vehicles that use them replace them on a frequent basis, so don't care about regular maintenance or longevity.

I got nearly four years out of my last one, and replaced it with the same one last season. Some of the people on the electrical forum do not recommend them and suggest that because of the different lead alloy used, that they will not last through regular discharge and recharge cycles like we subject them to. My experience has proven different, and I have used them in my last two boats, with great success.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12