Gauges not working

New Stratos owner 2009 294XLE 2009 e tec 200 HO. The gauges rpm with digital readout speedometer, water pressure and a trim gauge all gauges are digital. My RPM and all started not coming on when I turn the key the motor cranks Ann runs, start idling out all of a sudden system check and gauges came on now they don’t come on at all I need help on trying to understand this digital and or NEMA 2000. I have a elite 7 ti that supposed to read or network into to get read my gauges please help Actia gauges

So this issue just recently started? Did it start after you hooked up the Elite 7 with your NEMA network?
    BTW, it;s very hard to understand what you are saying in your post so if my reply seems to not make sense then thats why? Try using Caps and periods where they are needed so we can understand what you are posting.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

3. Member
    I just bought the boat a little over a month ago. Last Saturday the 22nd of December 2018, the gauges did not come on when I started the engine, as I was idling out of the marina the gauges started working. I thought it was because weather was freezing cold but the weather warmed but the gauges would and wouldn’t work. I took the boat out Wednesday night the gauges came on when I started the engine. After fishing the first spot I started the engine and gauges didn’t come and have not come on sense then. Do I have a bad connection or did the rpm gauge quit working which broke the chain so the gauges don’t work? I have a elite 7 ti that is not wired to the motor. I do not know how to do that. Sorry my grammar and typing is not as perfect as yours maybe this will be better to understand.

Ha, your reply is typed just fine and I can understand what your asking. Thanks for being more clear, it's obvious you can if you wanted too.
    I'm sure the experts will be along shortly for some testing advice. My only suggestion would be check all your connections on the battery and gauges. No wing nuts on the battery, use SS nuts with star washers or SS locking nuts. It sounds like a bad connection to me so good luck with it.

You should post this in the Evinrude forum for a response from the experts.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

Since all of your gages stop working I would start looking for a bad connection at your power switch.
    99' 201 Pro Elite
    08' Evinrude 225 HO

6. Member
    e-tec I have power to the purple wire when I turn the key switch on the horn that would sound off, makes a little chirp sound.
    tdt91 why reply when you don’t know, just try start trouble I guess

7. Member
    I have a different set up, 1989 Merc 200 XRI, and I had power to my gauges, turned out to be my voltage regulator going bad. Just a shot in the dark for ya.

tdt91 why reply when you don’t know, just try start trouble I guess[/QUOTE] Agreed.

8. Member
    I had a 2015 Stratos 186 VLO that did the same thing. Sometimes the gauges worked other times they didn't.

In my case it ended up being a bad ignition switch. dealer swapped it out and no more issues after that!

Well why waste your time typing if it's incoherent! Your not texting with all your Facebook friends, so take a bit of pride.

Are your gages not functioning or is it just the backlights that are not working? As far as the TI-7, you have to buy a special connector from Evinrude for that to work. I know it works with HDS but not sure about the capabilities of the TI-7.
    99' 201 Pro Elite
    08' Evinrude 225 HO

11. Member
    The gauges are running off the computer on the motor and it has a gps puck. Like the water pressure gauge is a needle gauge but it don’t have a tube going to it like I’m used to. The rpm gauge has a digital readout window on it and a button on each side of the window. I’ve read that the purple wire carries the power, so I checked the purple wire behind the switch when the switch is in the on position my check light comes on same behind the plug behind the ignition switch. Yes I have to get another wire for the 7 ti, and I maybe able to wire the NMEA wires that come with the 7 ti but that’s what I don’t know about. When I stick the check light in the purple wire behind the ignition switch and turn it on the horn that used to sound off with the system check stuff that horn makes a single little chirping sound, with out the light stuck in the purple wire turn switch on no sounds, could it be that I got a bad ground wire connection? I haven’t posted in Evinrude cause these gauges are Actia gauges that come with the boat
    Last edited by epaul; 01-01-2019 at 11:15 AM.

12. Member
    Today weather warmed up sun shine went fishing had decided that the main gauge is the rpm gauge, it sends information to the other gauges. About 2:00pm I started the engine and the horn sounded off and the gauges come on and worked the rest of the day. So I think I’m gonna soak the rpm gauge in rice like a cell phone, and dry it out.

13. Member
    tac.jpg plugs.jpg
    I'm gonna change my rpm gauge to a icon gauge. If any body has changed Actia gauges to the Evinrude Icon gauge them self could you please tell me how or point me in the right direction.

2009 294XLE,2009 Evinrude etec 200 HO
    Last edited by epaul; 01-12-2019 at 05:40 PM.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by epaul View Post
    tac.jpg plugs.jpg
    I'm gonna change my rpm gauge to a icon gauge. If any body has changed Actia gauges to the Evinrude Icon gauge them self could you please tell me how or point me in the right direction.

2009 294XLE,2009 Evinrude etec 200 HO
    There is no direct swap. You have to switch all over to Icon not just the tach. I just went through this same issue. To get a replacement Actia they wanted $4800. I ended up just switching all my gauges to syscheck ended up being $1200.

15. Member
    I put the system check wiring harness and analog gauges in. Did it myself cost $480.00, was fairly easy hardest part was filling the hole where the speedometer was and putting 2in. gauge in it's place. A friend of mine made up a coupe of harness adapters for me.