Thumbs Up Got my Vexus care package

After owning my AVX1980 for a few weeks - and fishing on it just about every day down here on the Butler chain of lakes, I received my care package from Vexus. Thank you guys for manufacturing a great boat - and having great customer service. I’m looking forward to see what your glass boats will look like - and trading my vexus in on one when they are available. Thanks again!

Scott
    Bass Cat Puma STS, Mercury 250 Pro XS, Lowrance Ghost - In Sunny Florida

2. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar

3. Member
    Curious, what does care package include? Likely picking up my 1980 Monday, but they have a ranger 198p that's considerably less that I want to rule out first. And I don't like the choice of graphs on vexus dealer used. Not a Lowrance Elite fan. If it had helix be much better.
    Jeremy
    Texas A&M \'99

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    1996 175 HP Mariner - Magnum EFI
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    80 lb 24v MinnKota Maxxum
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Garmin EchoMap 106sv w/ LS
    Dual 8' Power Poles

hmm......A new boat that has been around for a while and costs considerably less money or one that is new and untested

I know what I would choose
    Last edited by Grizzly; 01-04-2019 at 11:54 AM.

6. Member
    The care package included a shirt, and 2 hats and a plate frame for the trailer. My care package from Toho Marine included a yeti type cup, a 7.1 medium heavy worm rod.

In in regards to the above comment on “known” and “tested” boats - I do believe that many of the employees came from the above mentioned boat manufacturer, and the hull design of the Vexus is based of an older and very much sought after design from that same manufacturer. So - with that in mind I went with the new start up. My boat is fished on every day. It stays in the water and over the last month and a half has scooted me around Lake Butler at 55 mph every day. The hull performance has been top notch. It’s rugged and will be a real test of quality in my ownership. Time will tell but so far - I’m a happy dude.
    Last edited by SMciver; 01-04-2019 at 06:42 PM.

7. Member
    Thanks. Yeah I’m likely getting the summit white 1980 just wish I could swap out the elite to helix without taking a hit. I guess later on down line I will sale em. The 198p is just such a good deal but even the dealer says once u see and test drive both he will get the vexus paper ready lol. I’m coming from a skeeter zx225 I had to sell when moved to Idaho but back in texas now and just don’t need all that boat now.
    Jeremy
    Texas A&M \'99

8. Member
    I wish I got the white. I have the black - but did get the Huminbird Helix setup. Ill move up to the Solix next - I like the touch screen. Best of luck on the purchase - its a great boat. I got an Ultrex - that thing is fantastic for the areas I fish.

9. Member
    Yeah this one has the ultrex I’m actually preferring the fortrexx for areas I fish. Shallow grassy and backwaters. But I’ll get use to it I’m sure cause I fish off shore some also.
    Jeremy
    Texas A&M \'99