Installed LEDS on trailer, no marker lights

Replaced all incandescent lights with LED from Basscat. Turn/brake/running lights work, and the rear red side markers work, but the side yellow and rear center bar do not.

I've checked every connector twice, no dice. Knowing the browns on both sides lit the rears, it makes to sense. I used the old grounds everywhere since old incandescent worked fine before replacing.

Is there something needed for LEDS I'm not doing?

Thanks, Mike

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    My first guesses would be the markers are wired backwards or you replaced self-grounding lights with some that require a ground wire. Just the only things I can think of that would make them all not work on a new installation.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

3. Member
    Thanks. Old were not self grounding type...maybe markers are wired backwards, will give that a shot this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post
    My first guesses would be the markers are wired backwards or you replaced self-grounding lights with some that require a ground wire. Just the only things I can think of that would make them all not work on a new installation.
    Thinking wired backwards too. All the Leds i have installed are polarity sensitive where standard bulbs are not.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

5. Member
    You might check for 12 volts at the brown wire going into the LED's. Side marker lights are notorious for grounding the power wire when mounted, but should blow a fuse.

6. Member
    When I replaced mine the factory were self grounded I had to add a ring terminal scrap a little paint and apply a little wire grease. That fixed it up.