USA Newest Ize MachEEN!

What' Ya'll runnin' this season boys??

Tight funds this year almost made me run a Helix 10 MDI, and buy a pack mule for the battery & unit.

I am going to be selling off a few items to help funding for this project, but anyways thru the magic of 1" RAM mounts (I used a RAM RAP-B-200-2U and a plain old double ball RAM-B-101U) I'm able to have the Helix 5 Chirp DI GPS G2 off the ice almost 30" up without having to place it on top of the 6 gallon bucket it rides in.

Blind old bats need an advantage!

It's running v1.840 W/ the XI 9 1521 HW Chirp XDCR and I made a Baltic Birch shuttle like many units before on a CNC I usually program.

My 12v 12 amp SLA is overkill, but I had it already so no worries running low on juice even for 2 full days!

Here's a few shots - enjoy!

"Folded" up:

I typically fish Lake Michigan perch when they migrate to inland connecting waters and it's often in 45-60 FOW, so having the Bottom Lock feature is awesome PLUS the Chirp target separation is really great! (If you've never used BL try it!)

A few shots from the simulator with the "A-Scope" being used on the flasher dial as well as the "regular" 2D zoom view should be great.

We've had open water on the bigger waters and trolling walleye has been good - but when it comes I'll be ready to rock unless I go waaaaay up North now....LOL

Best Fishes~
    RAS
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

2. Member
    Looks Great! 1.64 worked out pretty good, I still am not certain the Helix is working as good as 1.54 but time will tell. Love the A-Scope, I feel like I get more information by the added shape of the segments.

I feel the 2 biggest strengths, besides GPS, this unit has over traditional flashers is performance in weeds and the ability to dial in the zoom and Range to the foot.

I run flasher view split with 2d sonar on zoom most often. The historical info I get from 2d really paints a picture of what the fish is doing in the weeds, it provides info that helps me understand what they are reacting too and that same history gives you a chance to get them if you take your eye off the screen for a moment.

3. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Mine came with 1.64, hopefully it works well for you...

The target separation is almost insane on these....
    Last edited by sfw1960; 12-30-2018 at 11:49 AM.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/