Wet sanding/ protech question

Over the summer I bought a new to me pro craft and it needs some wet sanding to get out some oxidation as well as some stress cracks. I’ve been seeing Protech products getting thrown around pretty frequently here and I see that they offer a bass boat Restoration kit on their website my question is once I wet sand and use all the products in the restoration kit how long will the finished product last

2. Member
    FYI the kit isn’t designed to fix cosmetic fractures. If you can feel a roughness it’s to late to try the kit , will need sanded and re cleared. How old is the boat ?

3. Member
    It’s a 2001

Your question “how long will it last” is based on several things....

How good of a job you do sanding and buffing
    How well you keep the finish out of sun as much as possible
    How well you maintain the finish, washing, sealing, etc

Stress cracks need to be ground out and repaired.

Sanding snd reclearing should be your last resort.

Pics of what your your dealing with would help with giving you good sound advice. Without pics....advice given good be bad advice...
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

5. Member
    Wet sanding removes the oxidation and then buffing/compounding will brings back the shine. Once you are at this point you have unprotected gelcoat. To keep it protected from oxidizing again you will need to apply a good sealant like Finish Kare 1000P or Collinite 845 once a year at least.

The Protec kit is average stuff, what really does the work is the wet sanding. Just get the sand paper and then use one of the sealants mentioned above and you will be good to go. If you want the best protection you could use a ceramic coating but it is time consuming and more expensive but will last 3 to 5 years.

6. Member
    I found a hairline crack product called Magic EZY Hairline Fix to use on my console, but cannot verify how effective it is. Amazon also sells it, but as usual, reviews are all over the map.

7. Member
    Thanks everyone for the input I should’ve took pics before I posted this. The info is greatly appreciated one I get to the barn I’ll post some pics on my progress