New Humminbird 360 - Faint Lines

Finally got me a Humminbird 360 and loving it after one trip. I have a Helix G2N 12 SI at the console, and another at the bow with an Ethernet switch in between the three now. Trolling motor has a Mega SI transducer mounted on the Ultrex. While running the trolling motor I had the console unit in 'standby'. Any tips to get rid of those faint white lines in the image?

Three pylons in front of me and a brush pile at 4 o'clock in between the waypoints.
    360-1.jpg

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Hmm. So it seems I need to set my 2D/DI/SI source on my bow Helix to the 360 instead of the Mega transducer even though my mounted trolling motor transducer is operating in the Megahertz, and is technically not pinging while the 360 is being used? Confused on that but I'll try it.

Quote Originally Posted by chaseerry View Post
    Hmm. So it seems I need to set my 2D/DI/SI source on my bow Helix to the 360 instead of the Mega transducer even though my mounted trolling motor transducer is operating in the Megahertz, and is technically not pinging while the 360 is being used? Confused on that but I'll try it.
    That FAQ was before there were any MEGA units. Just a FYI if you want to check.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Another thing you can test is to turn Sonar OFF when running the 360 to see if cross-talk is the issue. The 360 will still function the same, just won't get a depth readout.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    Another thing you can test is to turn Sonar OFF when running the 360 to see if cross-talk is the issue. The 360 will still function the same, just won't get a depth readout.
    Gotcha. I'll give it a shot next time I'm on the water and update the thread.

So I tried turning off the SONAR (power button - Sonar --> Off) and all things seemed to have just stopped besides mapping on the unit? I'm wondering if I didn't give it enough time. I left '360 Ping --> On'.
    I also tried setting the SI source to the 360 but I could still see the faint lines every now and then. No change there.

I still managed to get some awesome shots and learn how to use this thing. I love it. Some brush piles/trees are hard to see in front of me besides the shadow, but I'm wondering if it's just because they are thin limbs or maybe the angle I'm at? I'll get it dialed in.

For rock piles though, this thing is the bees knees. Here is a large foundation I found idling around. Turned around, hit spot-lock and can pinpoint my casts using the 360. Caught two 2.5 lbers off the spot in 20 minutes in 43 degree water and then they quit or I just got cold and left.

Also, you realize just how off some of your waypoints actually are.

9. Member
    I can tell you this, the 360 will occasionally pick up interference from another networked unit running just 2D, SI, or DI in any combination.
    You can play around with all of the settings, 2D source Auto or 2D, turn off 2D, SI, DI sources on each of your units, etc. But occasionally the 360 will pick up crosstalk from your other units on the boat. Seems to be mostly dependent on water depth. More shallow = more artifacts.
    Bottom line is, I've found they have a mind of their own.

The only true way to get the clearest possible 360 image 100% of the time is to turn off sonar for any other unit you have.

On the flipside, if you are seeing random wagon wheels, hurricane swirls, etc, as long as it isn't consistent, it will usually clear up if you wait it out..
    Console [HELIX 10MSI G3N || HELIX 10MSI G3N]
    Bow [HELIX 12 CHIRP SI GPS G2N] || RC-2] || [HELIX 10MSI G4N] || [M360 UNIVERSAL MOUNT] || [Mega Live]
    ULTERRA80/US2/IPLINK-60" BT || 2xAS ETH 5PXG || Victron IP67 12V/25A || [NoCo Genius GX2440 24V/40A]
    [X2 GROUP 31] x 3 || [Battleborn 31 lithium]
    Alumacraft Voyageur 175/Yamaha VF115LA

10. Member
    I turn my console unit to standby when fishing alone to eliminate crosstalk on 360. When I’m fishing with someone I put the console unit in 2D mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Bstandiford View Post
    I turn my console unit to standby when fishing alone to eliminate crosstalk on 360. When I’m fishing with someone I put the console unit in 2D mode.
    I do the same, but I still see the faint lines occasionally. And I'm on a small lake with no other boats around. :)

I'm not even worried about it anymore. After searching around and looking at Humminbird's 'Wagon Wheel' documentation, those are some serious crosstalk images. Mine is minimal compared to that mess!

Quote Originally Posted by chaseerry View Post
    I do the same, but I still see the faint lines occasionally. And I'm on a small lake with no other boats around. :)

I'm not even worried about it anymore. After searching around and looking at Humminbird's 'Wagon Wheel' documentation, those are some serious crosstalk images. Mine is minimal compared to that mess!
    Same here.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-