shuttleslide sliding mount

has anyone tryed the shutleslide mount it looks well built .and lot lighter than some of the others havent seen any reviews on it yet . it slides on a friction rail .

Southpoint, did you ever buy one? It has good reviews on the website. Do you know if any of our sponsors sell them?

3. Member
    bump Really would be interested in some experience with the ShuttleSlide mount. My R&R mount has developed an annoying rattle while running down the lake.
    Alweld 1856 Stick Steer with 70 Yamaha
    Dual Power Pole Blades/ Helix 10 MSI
    80# Ulterra Link/2 Ionic Lithium 50s/ShuttleSlide Mount

USAF Ret

After searching the internet on moveable mounts and asking our sponsors about it, I'm probably going to buy a ShuttleSlide this week. I'll let you know what I think.

Rich, I just posted about the ShuttleSlide on another thread in this trolling motor section. I had it installed a few days ago and I really like it (I was told it was easy to install, but I'm not handy). It quickly moves my trolling motor in past the rub rail and now I don't have to worry about the bow roller (or hitting my motor on anything). It won't move/slide around unless I want it to move (it didn't move on my trailer when I was driving or after hitting a few big waves). It has travel stops on each end and a quick release function. There are no metal plates hitting each other, so there is no rattling. It's surprising light too. Oh, and a lifetime warranty. I thought that was a bonus. I also bought an adapter plate because I didn't want to drill another hole in my boat. That's my opinion on it.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JosieRay View Post
    Rich, I just posted about the ShuttleSlide on another thread in this trolling motor section. I had it installed a few days ago and I really like it (I was told it was easy to install, but I'm not handy). It quickly moves my trolling motor in past the rub rail and now I don't have to worry about the bow roller (or hitting my motor on anything). It won't move/slide around unless I want it to move (it didn't move on my trailer when I was driving or after hitting a few big waves). It has travel stops on each end and a quick release function. There are no metal plates hitting each other, so there is no rattling. It's surprising light too. Oh, and a lifetime warranty. I thought that was a bonus. I also bought an adapter plate because I didn't want to drill another hole in my boat. That's my opinion on it.
    so it doesn't lock in the forward or aft position...it just stays where you put it by friction? If so, how much force is required to move it?

USAF Ret

There are no locks. The "hold or gripping" in the friction kind of forms a brake and the friction is tight enough to keep it in place. It didn't move for me unless I pushed on it and not too much force is needed. I weigh 105 lbs and I could move the trolling motor back and forth with 2 hands. I suppose the more you tightened the bolts, the more friction there will be. I didn't want something that I couldn't move myself. It's the right amount of "hold" for me.

8. Member
    I talked to Russ (the designer of the mount) , he lives near my sister, so next trip over there we're going to meet up and I'll get the see the ShuttleSlide in person. From our conversation and what you reported, this sounds like what I've been looking for. Thanks JosieRay. BTW, Russ said they can build a mount with what ever slide you want from 9" to 20"

USAF Ret

That's great Rich. I hope it works out for you.