Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC

Chatanooga, TN??

What's Chatanooga like? Is it a nice city with lots to do? Been vacationing in Anderson, SC and fishing Hartwell for the past 8 years in hopes of moving in a few years but recently read an article somewhere about Chatanooga and it sparked some interest. Anderson and Greenville are really nice with lots to do, the countryside is beautiful and Hartwell is a blast to fish.
    Thanks
    Craig
    (stuck in Pa for now)
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

2. Member
    Chattanooga is a nice size city. It's small enough to be able to walk around downtown and still have plenty of things to do and see. Plenty of fishing within 2 hours on the Tennessee River from Watts Bar to Guntersville, plus the Coosa river n North Alabama. Plus, if you are considering relocating, TN currently has no state income tax. Your Allison will fit right in with the Bullets on Chickamauga. Come on down. We never have hard water here.

3. Member
    I would not live in the city of Chatt but rather the countryside around one of the nearby towns but close enough to get to the city for shopping etc. That's what we like about Anderson at Hartwell, lake is close, Anderson is a cool little town with great shopping etc. and Greenville nearby. Hartwell is a nice size to fish but what's lacking about that lake for me is the lake of weed bed fishing. I fish Watts BAr every year at our rally and have really grwon to like it. Fished Chick one day a few years ago at the rally with a guy a friend lined up for us and honestly I think I cold have done better on my own. I do like the fact Chick has weeds as well.
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

4. Banned
    I am familiar with all of these cities after working "on the road" out of Atlanta for many years. Northwest SC is a really nice area, but taxes are relatively high, especially on boats.

What's especially nice about the Tennessee River lakes is that property owners are allowed to own land right up to the water's edge, and they allow seawalls and boat houses. The standard of living for lakefront owners is very high with their palatial double boathouses in their front yard.

I prefer the Alabama portion of the Tennessee River with Guntersville, Wheeler, Wilson and Pickwick Lakes--all great lakes. 2.5% sales taxes on boats and no personal property taxes. And the property taxes on homes are the lowest there is.

My lake house is 18 miles from my city house, and it's got a 6 mile sunset view. Water is 55' off my double boat house and rock bottom. Best lake there is for large smallmouth and large catfish. 6 miles from Pickwick and 10 miles from Wheeler.

5. Member
    now that sounds worth checking out
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P