209 GE Questions

Hey Guys,
    Got a few questions regarding some upcoming improvements i plan to do.
    I recently saw a post about carpet. Anyone have experience in using the BassCat carpet?
    I have a lead on a 2007 250 Pro XS and plan to fit it to the G. I have struggled for 3 years now with holeshot and i have tried many Prop/Jackplate combinations. I currently have a 225 EFI with 12" jackplate. A few props i have tried with multiple jackplate settings are 24p Trophy, 26p TXP OT4, 25p and 26p Fury, 25p Bravo and 25p Razor. Recommendations on prop/jackplate size/adjustments with 250 pro xs? Between me and a buddy we still own all the listed props with the exception of the 24 Trophy.
    I also want to glue my sonar transducer in the hull but not exactly sure how its done. Any tips/pics would be very helpful.
    Thanks for the help.

2. Member
    I have a 250 on mine running a 24 trophy at 4500-5200 feet of elevation. IMO these boats shine with a 250 hole shot is fast!
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"

3. Member
    I put new carpet with pad in my gambler and new seats/console from them. I'm very happy with the results.

4. Member
    Bass Cat carpet is the best.....but it will make the hatches a little bit harder to open and close. ALSO, I have had excellent results with Bob’s Machine Shop wedges that go between motor and jack plate. This “tucks” the motor and allows a little extra downward trim which pops these Gamblers up out if the hole just as good or better then trim tabs. Check their website. There are two angles. Get the more angled thicker ones.
    Gambler Outlaw 1900 SC
    Mercury Optimax 200 3.0 liter Torquemaster
    Mercury Trophy 25P
    Minn Kota Fortrex 80
    Garmin 106sv Ultra & 93sv UHD