Thread: C&O marine

C&O marine

Hey guys,
    Is there anyone who lives close to this marina? I'm up in NE Pennsylvania and I'm interested in a used boat for sale at this marina. If someone is close and can check out the boat for me I will mail a good care package of handtied jigs I make plus gas money! Please shoot me a text if interested 570-561-6622 Bryan

2. Banned
    C&O is a large boat dealership just west of Nashville, and they are not on the water. They have a parts lady that's probably the most popular person online for taking care of her retail parts customers.

They have the highest of reputations, however.

3. Member
    Post on the Stratos Boat boards, many people have driven hundreds of miles to buy their boats from C&O and can attest to their experience. I’m 50 minutes from C&O and may can help. Tell me what you need and specifically what you are looking at. Don’t hesitate to call them, ask for C&O Joe, Joe Engel, he will shoot you straight - https://www.candomarine.com/staff-em...hip--our-staff

4. Banned
    Joe is top notch... I drove 5hrs. from Cincinnati to C&O for a new Stratos 200XL back in 09. One of the best boat buying experiences I've ever had... Dan

5. Member
    I'm about 20 minutes from c&o. I know a few of the techs there. What boat you looking at?

6. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    I drove from Pa to C&O back in 2009 for my first Allison and let's just say I'd never go back there again. I dealt with Joe and yes he was a nice guy.
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

7. Banned
    Deleted
    Last edited by Wheatpower; 12-31-2018 at 03:42 AM.

8. Banned
    And that's the problem when buying any used boat. People trading in will rarely disclose any issues, but buyers expect the dealer to go over them with a fine-toothed-comb, and test them repeatedly on the water to find any issues.
    And when something is missed, "they're a bad dealer".

9. Banned
    Deleted
    Last edited by Wheatpower; 12-31-2018 at 03:40 AM.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheatpower View Post
    Cracked propeller, trailer lights not working, transducers not glued to the bilge, wiring harness had been replaced with the old one cut and left in the boat, bilge pump not working, motor not serviced prior to delivery to me, electronics did not work correctly (power wire issue), power poles not operable (thanks to power pole for sending me a new replacement pump for free), rope broke on trolling motor on the very first trip, ...... I COULD go on but you get the idea. Don't assume your experiences parallel mine.
    It was evident after closer inspection that the boat that I have purchased has been in some sort accident/wreck. This was not disclosed to me. I'm sure others have bought from these people and had very wonderful experiences. I did not.
    This would be completely unacceptable under any circumstances to me. It’s the dealer’s responsibility to check the boat for any obvious problems prior to selling in my opinion. It is also the buyers responsibility to double check everything possible. Graphs, trailer lights and power poles not working says they didn’t check much if anything. Just my opinion however.

11. Banned
    I would find it very odd/fishy that the dealer didn't check most of the stuff above before the owner got credit for the trade-in.

Hmm
    Last edited by 196 Bobby; 12-30-2018 at 06:52 PM.

Interesting

15. Banned
    deleted. Just look the boat over
    Last edited by Wheatpower; 12-31-2018 at 03:43 AM.

16. Member
    I live 5 hours from C&O Marine and I have purchased 3 boats from Joe Engle at C&O best marine I have dealt with.

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheatpower View Post
    Deleted
    Makes me wonder why you deleted all of your replies.

Bill

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries 181 View Post
    Makes me wonder why you deleted all of your replies.

Bill
    It was turning into a pissing match. I'm out. It is what it is. Still got the boat to prove all that I wrote if you're interested in coming to see it.

19. Member
    Check with N2ratfishn. I believe John has or has had a good relationship with them
    Boatless Bank Trash for now