Megabass Vision 110+ - When do you use?

Curious of those who throw the 110+, when are optimal conditions to throw this over the standard one ten? Late winter with low water temps? Or just over deeper fish?

I see now the 110+2 is out, got me thinking when people use these deeper jerkbaits.

2. Member
    general rule, bright clear calm days I fish deeper JB's. Cloudy or windy days more shallow. That said, I also look at electronics to see if I can determine how deep they are holding. If you are around Herring, they come up when its bright, so you would fish more shallow. If its threadfin, they go deep in the bright and come up when its cloudy. Threadfin show up as the round balls that look like a hot air ballon, while Herring show up at long flat schools that look like a mattress.....I throw pro blue around herring and more shad like baits around threadfin. I will change sizes of baits and profiles as well to try and find what they are more aggressively feeding on (match the hatch). The clearer the water, more translucent the bait...
    2017 Triton TRX Patriot w/250 ProXS Optimax

3. Member
    Great info, thank you! I've always thought of deep jerkbaits as more of a dead of winter bait, but you bring up a good point for shad orientation. We don't have herring in Ozark lakes, but plenty of shad.

Our shad definitely move deeper on clear, high pressure, low wind days as you've noted.

4. Member
    I always use the + sized one when I am looking for + sized fish

5. Member
    I just watched this video on Tactical Bassin' web site.

Cold Water Jerkbait Fishing: Everything You Need To Know
    Nov. 7, 2018

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kickerfish1 View Post
    I always use the + sized one when I am looking for + sized fish
    The +1 is the same body size as the regular 110. Or are you hinting that the +1 reaches deeper depths to where larger fish may live?