I didn't want to put this in the Lounge

My sister's 43 year old daughter died from unknown causes in October. Her daughter was a good woman, had a high paying white collar job as an executive assistant to a high Government official. She was driving down the road and just died. They have not given a cause.
    My sister is a God fearing woman of about 70, active in her church, and even through this tragedy she never missed a day preparing meals and feeding shut-ins and the homeless.
    Yesterday I got a text from my brother. My sister's son just passed away at the age of 47. His wife had left him a few years ago for another man and he had started a job that he didn't like but at a big pay raise. The last time I saw him was at his sister's funeral and he was gaunt and had lost a lot of weight.
    He had been my fishing partner in club tournaments for a couple of years, nice guy, didn't drink or smoke but he had gotten caught up in pain killers after injuring his back, but said he had quit them. Somehow I don't think so.
    Anyhow, I guess I'm looking for a prayer or two for my sister, she has had her faith tested, she does not want to get any calls or texts, she and her husband will get back to us when things calm down. I grieve for her.

2. Member
    Sorry to hear this. Praying for the family.

Prayers for your sister and your family. Heartbreaking to hear.
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

4. Banned
    A parent's worst nightmare.......
    Prayers for you all....

My heart breaks for them. Prayers raised
    2000 Ranger 520DVX 225hpdi

6. Member
    Thank each and every one of you. A parent should never have to bury their child, especially not two.

7. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Another prayer lifted for your family's comfort.
    Who controls John Gill?

8. Member

That's a lot of pain to go through in such a short time. for her.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

10. BIG BLUE NATION
    Prayers the good Lord grants your sister, you and all the family the strength and peace to endure!

11. Member
    Prayers for your sister and your entire family

12. Member
    As it is written:“For your sake we face death all day long;
    we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”[j]

37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[k] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

13. Banned
    Man that’s tough to hear and I can’t imagine her grief. Praying for you and your family.

14. Member
    Someone has set up a Go Fund Me page for Oliver to help my sister with funeral expenses. She is a private person and doesn't even want us to call her until she calls us. I'm thinking about asking her if it's O.K. to post it on this site, people here have been very generous in the past and funerals are expensive. If she says it's O.K. and Al says it's O.K. I will post it in the Lounge.
    The people in this room are motivated by their faith and the words you all have expressed mean a lot to me, but my sister is pretty financially devastated as well as emotionally.
    I'll let you all know.

God bless us all.

15. Member
    The Go Fund Me organization did not sit well with me. I don't think I will post it and request donations but in case you want to look: Click here to support Oliver Grant Rayfield Funeral Costs organized by Cassie Mooney

Will be in my prayers

17. Member
    Our Father in heaven, we come to you today with bowed heads, and humble hearts to lift this family up to You. We ask You to wrap them in Your loving arms, and give them the peace that surpasses all understanding. Let them understand that it was nothing they did, or that their loved ones did. Your ways are not our ways Lord, and a lot of time we don't understand why something happens, but may we all come to understand that the rain falls and the sun shines on the just and the unjust. Give us the wisdom to praise You in all things.

In Jesus' Holy name we pray.

Amen.

18. Member
    Sorry to hear such tragic news
    All sheep are eventually led to slaughter

19. Member
    Only communion w/ God through prayer treats such, My prayers.