Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Current on TN River

I fish Kentucky Lake and they have been pulling over 100k at the dam for over a month and a half. I know we have gotten some rain (hasnt seemed like an unusual amount though), but I have checked the forecasts and they are increasing it to 140-150k by this weekend. We are nearly at winter pool. Pickwick keeps dumping water. Has East TN been slammed with rain for the past month?

2. Member
    Here in extreme North Georgia, we are experiencing the 10th wettest year on record, so yes, lots of water has fallen over the Tennessee River basin.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by printman71 View Post
    Here in extreme North Georgia, we are experiencing the 10th wettest year on record, so yes, lots of water has fallen over the Tennessee River basin.
    Thanks that makes sense. Where I am at it hasn't seemed bad. Maybe my head is in the sand.

4. Member
    I live at the head here in K-town. Ft Loudon has been spilling wide open for a month or more. Douglas has jumped ~5' in the last week. Last figure I heard was we are ~11" above normal for the year. Expecting another inch or more of rain tonight. Look out below.........

5. Banned
    I have not been out to our Wilson Lake house this week, but I drove past Wheeler Lake around Joe Wheeler State Park yesterday. The water looked to be about 4' low.

We drove past Lake Nottley north of Blairsville, GA, and it looked normal to the winter pool--1/2 empty.

Really big storms are expected in the North GA, West TN and Western NC mountains tonight and the next two days. We're up here in our RV camping--of all things.

6. Member
    I fished Watauga Monday and its near full pool. They are pulling water around the clock and it's calling for heavy rain tonight and tomorrow. It should be around 15 feet low right now for winter pool. The news said this is the 4th. wettest year on record here in east Tennessee and this rain coming may take it to 3rd.

7. Member
    I too live here in the Knoxville area and fishing has been decent...is there current yes....off colored water....yes. But fish are eating. Lucky no flooding.

Watts Bar running at 100k and Chick at 140K

9. Member
    West tn rainfall set new all time record We have more water
    than we can use . They expect the river to max out at 380.50
    ft at Savannah where I have my waterfront lots. Keep in mind
    that 365.00 begins minor flooding and they're calling for
    380.50 !!!! We Are Gonna Have Serious Flooding !!!

10. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    I saw that...

Quote Originally Posted by music man View Post
    Chick at 140K

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

11. Member
    Watts Bar is running 105K

12. Banned
    Wilson Dam is getting ready to letting water through @ 100%. That's almost 4000' wide of 100' tall spillways. It's the granddaddy of all the TVA dams--making more electricity than all 33 other dams combined.

They moved all the campers out of McFarland Park RV park yesterday anticipating flooding in the upper Tennessee River.

Current is a beast on KY right now. Water temp still 50, that is even more surprising
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

14. Member
    Hopefully the rains will ease a bit.......

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Always want to be Fishing View Post
    Hopefully the rains will ease a bit.......
    Not likely, More rain most of this week. I just checked the TVA app and Chickamauga is spilling 137K+ right now. Upper Nickajack is at 648 and 632 at the dam. All the fishing piers and ramp at the Riverpark are under water. Can you say bye bye grass.

Bill

16. Banned
    Chickamauga is spilling 127K+ right now.The gates that are open are wide open, you can see the lake through the openings on the Nickajack lake side of the dam. NNickajack is 14+ feet at the dam right now. The pics below don't really tell the power of our river.

Bill
    IMG_0889.JPGIMG_0890.JPGIMG_0891.JPGIMG_0892.JPGIMG_0893.JPG

17. Member
    Forget the Cumberland right now. I just hooked up and drove down there to try and catch some white bass etc...and the parks were closed because of flooding. The SCUMBERLAND river is flat out ROLLING and FULL of floating crap! The boat is back in the garage for and it's back to work tomorrow :(

Cheatham is 122K. Is it going over the top at that point?
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

19. Member
    Looks like we maybe fishing Aunt Debbie's flower garden if the water keeps rising.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NumberOne View Post
    Looks like we maybe fishing Aunt Debbie's flower garden if the water keeps rising.
    The picnic table pattern should work fine
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast