Thread: Ranger Pontoon

Ranger Pontoon

Who has one, which one and likes/dislikes. Speed, feel, fit and finish.

Thanks.
    Semper Fi

They sure are good looking!

3. Member
    We think so too. But 90hp on the 200 may not be enough. Like 2200c but may be out of budget right now.
    Semper Fi

4. Member
    I am also shopping for a pontoon in the 20-22 ft range...I have seen the Ranger line and was impressed with the fit and finish...but the price? A whole lot of money! I am interested more in fishing than cruising...not sure what your purpose is. I have looked at several other makes as well. In my case I have opted to purchase a Silver Wave brand center console 4 point model with a Suzuki outboard with max hp rating. The fit and finish seems to be the same as the Ranger, (all of the other brands were not up to par with the Ranger in my opinion) but it comes packed with a lot more goodies from the start and has nice options to add at a reasonable prices...not sure if you may have a dealer nearby...if you do, check out the brand as you continue to do your research...the best of luck to you!

5. Member
    Have never seen or heard of Silver Wave round here.
    Semper Fi

6. Banned
    There are relatively few Ranger pontoons that have been delivered.

Can you imagine how difficult it is powdercoating a 25' hull and getting it into a 350 degree oven? That's got to run the price up substantially.

While Ranger already does business with a bunch of boat dealers, pontoons and tritoons are different animals--and most customers are cruisers and not fishermen.

There are a couple of dozen other brands of pontoon boats that have a big head start on Ranger in pontoons. And they're tough nuts to crack. Bennington alone has the largest market share, and they're the largest purchaser of Yamaha outboards--at volume prices.

I have a 24' Bennington tritoon with a F150 Yamaha, and it's a 40 mph boat. Jump 50 hp for $2,800 and $2900 for SeaStar power steering assist, and you only gain 3-4 mph. They have over 100 seating and hull configurations and seating from entry level (nice) to the most luxurious upholstery you've ever seen. And price can be reasonable--or the sky's the limit.

Last edited by Bamaman; 12-31-2018 at 11:46 AM.

7. Member
    I looked at Bennington too...nice fit and finish...the SilverWave has the layout that I desire...They are made in Seminole, Oklahoma where Blue Wave boats are made by the same company which is Parks MFG. LLC. Their website does not do the boat fair justice when compared to seeing it in person. www.silverwavepontoons.com...here you can find the closest dealer...if the dealer is too far away...I would stay away from the idea...as no matter how good the fit and finish appears...most all boats eventually end up requiring warranty service!...believe me on this...I've owned many, many boats...mostly flats or bass boats though. I am seeking to purchase this pontoon so my wife can stay out of the sun as she has developed some health issues...and we can still fish together. I refuse regardless to sell my 2016 Skeeter ZX225!...I'll just be the proud owner of two holes in my wallet! LOL...

8. Member
    I just noticed that my computer somehow underlined too much when it went into auto "link" mode...if you are interested in visiting the website...the link won't work...just type in everything but the "...here"! LOL...

I've got a 223F ordered due in November , Black,black ,tan with 200 mercury , Ultera .