Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by toofy View Post
    So now your complaint is that Cabelas took your money and issued a refund, not that the price was wrong?
    Problems happen and nothing can be done about that. The important thing is how the problems are managed. Cabelas managed this correctly and there were no damages. Move on.
    I'm not the OP and I have no dog in the fight, but I can empathize with his/her issue. I actually just got a Cabela's gear bag and 9' crappie rod from them yesterday in the mail using a gift card I got for Christmas. I've not actually experienced an incorrectly priced item at Cabela's.

However, my complaint would be that Cabela's or any other store took my money and held it for 10 days without me having a product in my hand or my money in my hand from no fault of my own. I would also complain the price was wrong and they held my money for 10 days, which is also not discussed in the "clear policy" posted above.
    1994 Ranger 492VS
    2004 Optimax 225 - 0T920364
    6" Hydro Dynamics Manual Jack Plate
    24p Fury 4
    24v 47" Lowrance Ghost / Lowrance HDS

2. Member
    Let me clue in the crying Bubbas here who have no idea how a large corporation like this functions. For efficiency, refunds are processed in batches with many large companies since most transactions are with credit cards. Depending on the company and the industry, sometimes these refunds are processed quarterly (hospitals), sometimes it's monthly (credit cards), and sometimes it's weekly (retailers). These refunds are sourced from returns, damaged products, out of stocks, credit card disputes, wardrobing, theft/fraud, cancelled orders, etc. Each of these has to be reviewed by a human to minimize fraud, so your refund goes into a queue. Sorting through this queue takes time and you should be glad they get it done within a week. During the holidays, the queue gets longer. If you don't like taking that small risk, then you need to stay off the internet and stick with Pappy's Bait Shop down on the corner where you can speak to the boss in person. You'll pay a little more but you'll never again have to whine on the internet about waiting for a refund.
    Last edited by toofy; 12-30-2018 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by apenland01 View Post
    I'm not the OP and I have no dog in the fight, but I can empathize with his/her issue. I actually just got a Cabela's gear bag and 9' crappie rod from them yesterday in the mail using a gift card I got for Christmas. I've not actually experienced an incorrectly priced item at Cabela's.

However, my complaint would be that Cabela's or any other store took my money and held it for 10 days without me having a product in my hand or my money in my hand from no fault of my own. I would also complain the price was wrong and they held my money for 10 days, which is also not discussed in the "clear policy" posted above.

I've been refunded by Cabelas pre and post BPS days. It shows pending to my account almost instantly and always posts in 24-36hrs. Let's be real no one is waiting 7-10 days to get refunded. Many bigger stores say 7-10 days but it's never that long.

I don't understand the ins and outs on how cabelas functions either.
    There's a store in town. I get an email before I go to the store, 5x cabelas bucks savings online.
    So to confirm its online only, I asked customer service because they used make exceptions that way. Well, they say online only. So I go ahead and order the item. Its supposed to have free expedited shipping in 2 days. I had to agree to the purchase before I get confirmation of the correct amount. When I get the confirmation it says expedited shipping could be one day longer than advertised. So I am concerned it might not, but should arrive before christmas. I track the package and its almost to me one day and then two days later its back at Cabelas Wharehouse. I give them a call and they think the package is delivered/went missing. They say I will be refunded. I ask if I can just get the item from my local store for the same deal. He says no but he will give me a $15 gift card. Well its in the mail, and 3 business days later I recieve the item I that was lost/delivered.

SSComanche, I had exactly the same thing happen this Christmas, order cancelled for some reason. We went to Cabela's in Wichita and the Lew's package was $199.99 in store as opposed to $149.99 online. We spoke with customer service and they honored the online price and were very eager to make it right-I felt so good that bought another rod and real!

6. Member
    to the folks that continually complain about large retailers business practices should go out an start a business an see how much fun it is.

They did that a few years ago on a order we placed. Nothing new, they make mistakes and they refund you quickly.
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere

8. Banned
    .....running out of popcorn guys!

9. BBC Fantasy Fishing Organizer BasserJim's Avatar
    I’m betting that this thread isn’t going the way the OP pictured.

10. Member
    The thing i hate is the amount of time it takes to process your credit . This is with any of them they have your money to make money with for a week or so . Best Buy has the fastest i've seen .

11. BBC Fantasy Fishing Organizer BasserJim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bassiholic View Post
    The thing i hate is the amount of time it takes to process your credit . This is with any of them they have your money to make money with for a week or so . Best Buy has the fastest i've seen .
    Its not the retailer, its your bank/credit card and the processing house they use.

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BasserJim View Post
    Its not the retailer, its your bank/credit card and the processing house they use.
    You just killed the "Cabelas is bad" theme of the thread... Dan

13. BBC Fantasy Fishing Organizer BasserJim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    You just killed the "Cabelas is bad" theme of the thread... Dan
    Sorry, I hate to ruin a good witch hunt with facts.

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BasserJim View Post
    Sorry, I hate to ruin a good witch hunt with facts.
    I'll ruin it also!
    Around 10 years ago, I ordered a depth finder from Cabela's. I'm not sure what model was, but it was about $600 on sale. Two weeks went by, and the shipment somehow got lost and was never delivered to me. I called Cabela's, they sent another one out and told me to let me know I if I get the first one that was sent out. A few days go by, and I did get the first one they shipped out, and the next day I got the other one. I called Cabela's, and they said because of my troubles, I could keep both of them!

Quote Originally Posted by bassiholic View Post

How often does it really take more than 24-48hrs to get the credit?

16. Member
    Human error or not, if they advertise it, they should honor it. Most stores, if a product is stocked in the wrong location or the price is wrong, sales tags are expired but not removed, etc., they will give it to you at that price. Now, if they screwed up and put a $300 reel in a spot that was $30, they would likely only give you 1 at that price, so you can't go buy their whole stock of them and resell to make a profit. They'd do a lot more to keep repeat business that way. Losing even $100+ on a single item is a lot less than losing years of sales by putting off a customer.
    2001 Champion 187 Yamaha 175
    12' Talons, Lithiums and Garmins
    All pulled by a Hemi

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Milehibird View Post
    Human error or not, if they advertise it, they should honor it. Most stores, if a product is stocked in the wrong location or the price is wrong, sales tags are expired but not removed, etc., they will give it to you at that price. Now, if they screwed up and put a $300 reel in a spot that was $30, they would likely only give you 1 at that price, so you can't go buy their whole stock of them and resell to make a profit. They'd do a lot more to keep repeat business that way. Losing even $100+ on a single item is a lot less than losing years of sales by putting off a customer.
    What if it's an online mistake in price and they get orders from different buyers for 1000 of them?

18. Banned
    If something is apparently too good to be true, it probably is... Dan

19. Member
    Why would anyone still shop at Cabelas or Bass Pro?

There are more time & cost efficient ways to shop for fishing/hunting gear...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123