Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    i think id be more upset that its going to take 7 - 10 days to get my money back.
    2022 Hog Island Skiff
    Johnson 70/40 jet

Bouncin' off rocks, and catching the smallies.

Potomac River Smallmouth Guide

Owner of Potomac Custom Tackle

2. Member
    in some general public language if it is mismarked an you get out of the store with it the greatest deal of the century an to be bragged about on the net if a store makes a pricing error an wont give the product away they are gouging.

Quote Originally Posted by ssmithboats View Post
    in some general public language if it is mismarked an you get out of the store with it the greatest deal of the century an to be bragged about on the net if a store makes a pricing error an wont give the product away they are gouging.
    This is the truth.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

4. Member
    I think some people are also holding companies accountable for their pricing, as they should. If you go into a brick and mortar store and find something on the shelf with a certain price on it and get to the register and it scans a different price, they will usually go to the shelf and check the price. If it's a mistake, they will usually honor the price shown, but then have the price changed to what they want it to be soon thereafter. In this case, it seems maybe the online buyers overwhelmed them before they could change the price. Either way, they should either do a better job of proof-reading their prices before publishing, or honor their advertised price for those who purchased it on good faith. The company has the buyers money and isn't giving it back for a week to 10 days due to the companies own pricing error.....
    1994 Ranger 492VS
    2004 Optimax 225 - 0T920364
    6" Hydro Dynamics Manual Jack Plate
    24p Fury 4
    24v 47" Lowrance Ghost / Lowrance HDS

5. Member
    7-10 days is nothing for a huge system as complex as theirs. If you wanted it back quicker, you should have gouged a local mom and pop store. If missing that money for 10 days is really hurting you, then you can't afford to fish and shouldn't have bought it in the first place.

Everyone wants to bash the corporate folks, but good on Cabela's for identifying the problem instead of passing on their loss to the rest of us.

6. Member
    Cabelas used to be top notch but at the end their customer service got really bad and they didn't care about customer any longer . Now that Bass Pro owns them i think it will only get worst . When your the only game in town things change .

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by toofy View Post
    7-10 days is nothing for a huge system as complex as theirs. If you wanted it back quicker, you should have gouged a local mom and pop store. If missing that money for 10 days is really hurting you, then you can't afford to fish and shouldn't have bought it in the first place.

Everyone wants to bash the corporate folks, but good on Cabela's for identifying the problem instead of passing on their loss to the rest of us.
    Different perspectives I guess. It's not about "gouging" a large and complex company or a mom and pop shop, it's about the company honoring an advertised price. It's not about not having the money for 10 days hurting you, but not having a product in your hands that you legitimately paid for, nor having your money for 10 days through no fault of your own and exclusively the fault of the company that advertised the incorrect price.
    1994 Ranger 492VS
    24p Fury 4

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by apenland01 View Post
    Different perspectives I guess. It's not about "gouging" a large and complex company or a mom and pop shop, it's about the company honoring an advertised price and exclusively the fault of the company that advertised the incorrect price.
    So if you advertise your bass boat on the BBC want ads for 4,000.00 dollars and it is an error in your entering your price in the ad and the price should be 40,000.00 dollars then you should eat the loss and sell YOUR bass boat for the reduced price of 4,000.00 as it is all about honoring the advertised price right?

After all you entered the price and the guy trying to buy it for that is just expecting you to honor the price even though the advertised price is the result of an honest mistake in the ad. No different than what you are asking the company to do.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by v_fourmax View Post
    So if you advertise your bass boat on the BBC want ads for 4,000.00 dollars and it is an error in your entering your price in the ad and the price should be 40,000.00 dollars then you should eat the loss and sell YOUR bass boat for the reduced price of 4,000.00 as it is all about honoring the advertised price right?

After all you entered the price and the guy trying to buy it for that is just expecting you to honor the price even though the advertised price is the result of an honest mistake in the ad. No different than what you are asking the company to do.
    If you put the incorrect price in the ad, then that's your fault, not the buyers fault. You have plenty of opportunity to review the price in the ad and make sure it's correct. I guarantee you if it is a big ticket item like that, you won't be making a mistake in your pricing. You'll proof-read it 50 times to make sure it's correct. However, even if a person was a total goof, there's a couple of places where the mistake can be found and corrected before you take anyone's money. If I advertised my boat for $4,000 and accepted a payment of $4,000, then that's a major mistake on my part. If someone tried to pay me $4,000 for a $40,000 boat, I would be like, WTH, then I would say I was sorry I made a mistake and provide the correct price, but I wouldn't take the money upfront and then cancel the deal and hold the money. But that's just my perspective and there are plenty of other perspectives in this thread as well....
    1994 Ranger 492VS
    24p Fury 4

Right here on the Cabela's site it is plainly worded and covers this whole scenario. Does not look like they are trying to hide anything, false advertise or take advantage of anyone. They have a policy in public view of how these situations are handled.

https://cabelas.custhelp.com/app/ans...d002V0J2M28%3D
    Last edited by Mark Perry; 12-29-2018 at 11:04 AM.

11. Member
    then I would say I was sorry I made a mistake and provide the correct price,
    So in a nutshell you would do the EXACT SAME THING that the company does when it makes a mistake.

So is it a double standard as if it is a mistake where you get the advantage you expect the mistake to ignored BUT if the mistake cost you money then of course, say you are sorry and fix the mistake?

Got to be one way or the other.

12. Member
    If I advertised my boat for $4,000 and accepted a payment of $4,000, then that's a major mistake on my part. If someone tried to pay me $4,000 for a $40,000 boat, I would be like, WTH, then I would say I was sorry I made a mistake and provide the correct price, but I wouldn't take the money upfront and then cancel the deal and hold the money. But that's just my perspective and there are plenty of other perspectives in this thread as well....

So now your complaint is that Cabelas took your money and issued a refund, not that the price was wrong?
    Problems happen and nothing can be done about that. The important thing is how the problems are managed. Cabelas managed this correctly and there were no damages. Move on.
    Last edited by toofy; 12-29-2018 at 02:29 PM.

13. Member
    Got the same bs email
    Only took them 6 days to figure out? Then another 7-10 days to refund lol?
    Only takes about 5 seconds to take the money out of an account....
    hope bps and cabelas go under. Outdated business model

14. Banned
    So in a nutshell you would do the EXACT SAME THING that the company does when it makes a mistake.

So is it a double standard as if it is a mistake where you get the advantage you expect the mistake to ignored BUT if the mistake cost you money then of course, say you are sorry and fix the mistake?

Right. Bunch of hypocrites on here. Do they not realize cabelas has 1000’s of items for sale. It’s easy to make an honest mistake. To me it’s almost like stealing if you’re pissed about they way they handled it. And there is nothing worse than a thief.

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by catch5 View Post
    Right. Bunch of hypocrites on here. Do they not realize cabelas has 1000’s of items for sale. It’s easy to make an honest mistake. To me it’s almost like stealing if you’re pissed about they way they handled it. And there is nothing worse than a thief.
    What about when they crawfish on the ALX rod deal? What name are you going to call BBC members then?

The link to the Cabelas policy is pretty plain to read. Its clearly displayed. Nothing shady about any of it unless you are trying to make it fit a particular narrative.

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rude196 View Post
    What about when they crawfish on the ALX rod deal? What name are you going to call BBC members then?
    No idea what you’re talking about man??

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by catch5 View Post
    No idea what you’re talking about man??
    The cabelas sale thread in lounge. Poster said cabelas contacted him and told him alx rods were back ordered. Asked if he wanted $$ back

19. Member

No. If I made a mistake on setting my price, I would not take their money upfront and hold it for 10 days. I would correct the price and ask them if they still wanted to buy it. If not, fine. If yes, fine.
    1994 Ranger 492VS
    24p Fury 4

20. Member
    No. If I made a mistake on setting my price, I would not take their money upfront and hold it for 10 days. I would correct the price and ask them if they still wanted to buy it. If not, fine. If yes, fine.
    Can you provide the link for your online store so we can test this?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast