Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I finally got to climb all over the 18' Vexus

The dealer I visited carried Ranger, Vexus, Pheonix, and Triton. They had the 18' Vexus and a 18' Triton tin sitting side by side. The Vexus had a beefier transom and the trailer looked to be heavier. The back lockers were glassed in vs the Ranger Triton drop in box type. There was zero storage under the seats in the Vexus and the middle rod locker didn't have the places for the Plano boxes that my RT does. The Vexus had a V style hull under it vs the modified V. Their version looked rounded, not sure how much better the ride would be? It should ride better. Since the rounded hull up front reminded me of the 80's, is it as stable would be my question? I like the storage under my seats. The welds looked great on both. I expected more upscale things like better locks in the Vexus. It would be an option if I were just in the market, but trading for one isn't an option for me at this time. I just didn't see the stuff for the price difference. Maybe after I have owned my RT longer (I've only had it a couple of years) and Vexus has more of a track record? The guy with me BLEEDS Ranger and he was looking simply because he knows the Woods. I am on my third Ranger. If I were buying new I would still shop around and buy based as much on dealer as brand. Some people are as much brand loyal as they are politics LOL. The guy with me was looking at Vexus for nothing other than Forrest Woods name.

They had the foot tray up front out and I noted the wiring and center rod locker tubes were equally a mess as my Ranger RT. I miss the neat and tidy wiring of my Cats.

IMO without going to the water it was a toss up for actual fishability with the trailer going to Vexus and storage going to the RT. From what I saw they should be a player, but they are FAR from inexpensive. If you are in the market for a nice aluminum boat they would be worth a look!

2. Banned
    What was the cost on the Vexus? No way I can afford one, but curious none the less.
    Nice little write up comparing the two.
    Thanks

3. Member
    With the fuel tank under the helm seats, that should free up more space in the rear battery compartment for power pole pumps, etc. larger batteries, etc.

I guess it’s a trade off.

4. Banned
    Have you compared this to a Lund pro-v bass?

5. Member
    No Lund dealers around here that I know of.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bradjames12 View Post
    What was the cost on the Vexus? No way I can afford one, but curious none the less.
    Nice little write up comparing the two.
    Thanks
    Not the dealer I visited, but about the same pricing. My RT was that with a bunch of options and taxes. They should be a player in the upscale tin market.

https://www.daysboatsales.com/New-In...ntucky-5940392

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    Not the dealer I visited, but about the same pricing. My RT was that with a bunch of options and taxes. They should be a player in the upscale tin market.

https://www.daysboatsales.com/New-In...ntucky-5940392
    Thanks.. guess I'll be a bank beater for some time

8. Happiness is a Sporty! F150owner's Avatar
    With the cost of fiberglass boats going through the roof, aluminum boats are the next big thing in full size bass boats. Very nice looking boats!

Allison XB21 2+2, Merc 250 ProXS, 1.62 Sportmaster, Hydromotive Engineering X-OB 29
    Excel 1751 Viper F4, Tohatsu 50 4-stroke, EZ-Trac trailer
    FeelFree Lure 11.5 Kayak

9. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Their videos are pretty amazing, they look like glass boats in the videos. To hear that they’re “just” as good as a Ranger kinda surprised me actually. I love my little Triton but I know she’s not the newest, coolest thing; just a great bass fishing machine.

I like the honest opinion.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

10. Member
    You are right about that all new fiberglass boats are getting to be ridiculous in price.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunna View Post
    You are right about that all new fiberglass boats are getting to be ridiculous in price.
    Actually just a quick glance but the Nitro Z18 glass boat with a 150 hp motor is only about 600 dollars more than this tin with the 115 hp motor. Granted did not compare the equipped options between the boats such as trollers, depth finders or battery chargers but still for the same money pretty much and the 150 hp motor I would lean towards the glass boat.

Add ons for most people will changed out quicker than the hull or the motor for anyone that keeps a boat more than a few years.

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    Have you compared this to a Lund pro-v bass?
    The Vexus will not compare to a Lund Pro V Bass. 2 different animals

13. Member
    Pro V Bass is it's own animal altogether.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OhioChamp183 View Post
    The Vexus will not compare to a Lund Pro V Bass. 2 different animals

You'll have a rough time getting a Pro-V Bass for $30k as well...unless you buy it with no motor.
    2020 Nitro Z21 Pro | Mercury 250 Pro XS |Ultrex 36v 112 MDI | Solix G2 chirp/mega SI 10 and 12 |Garmin 93sv UHD w/LiveScope| 8' PowerPole Blades

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbully71 View Post
    You'll have a rough time getting a Pro-V Bass for $30k as well...unless you buy it with no motor.

There is a real beauty listed on 12/17 for $34k 25 hrs. That is a beauty w/a 200

16. iNCORRECT pOLITICALLY
    Vexes does make a fine looking boat but it would have to WOW me to pay that price for a tin. It does have a pad hull which puts it in the same class as Xpress Hyperlift. I do remember saying that if I'm gonna pay that much for an Xpress I may as well go fiberglassToo bad I'm not a fiberglass kind of guy anymore.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

The school of hard knocks is a rough way to be educated!

17. Member
    The Lund is awesome but priced high

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFan9 View Post
    The Lund is awesome but priced high
    Is it?

Lund is arguably the best built freshwater tin fishing boat on the market. They've earned that title. The cookie cutter tins are nothing more than that. I've never seen a Vexus, but I don't imagine they are much different. The Vexus is cosmetically different than the cookie cutter hulls. It doesn't appear to be engineered differently. A 20ft boat starting at $40k with a 200 on the back? Sorry, I'd rather have the Lund

19. Member
    Not getting in the 1875 with a 200 on the back in my area for under 45, more likely to be closer to 50 after tax and prep etc... To me that is a hefty price tag for any 18 foot boat in my opinion, regardless of the name on the side.

20. Member
    I have a dealer about 4 miles from me that carries Triton and Vexus. They were giving demo rides of the Vesus boats at Paris landing Marina which is only a mile or so from there shop. I rode in both the 1880 and 1980 models and I was impressed with them. They cornered very well-and had a good hole shot. There was a good chop on the water but it was a quiet and dry ride.

I have a Triton 18TX that I bought in December 2015 so I'm not in the market for a new boat but if I was I'd seriously consider the 1980 with a 150 on it. The dealer told me the 1880 with a 115 started at about 25K and the 1980 with a 150 started at 31K.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast