Bass to Bay... Fresh to Salt

Just traded in my Stratos 201 pro for NauticStar 215 XTS.... Going to start saltwater fishing. Which I have not done in a couple decades since I moved back to Florida. Heck you might want to say I am new to it. Sure could use some guidance on Fishing and boat set up Do's and Don'ts. I am also having difficult with my SIMRAD GO9. I have been using a humminbird for so many years.
    I will be fishing N. Fla. Mantanza River, St John River and the Gulf from Crystal River to Horseshoe.

If you're on Facebook look up Salt Strong. A lot of FL guys on there with a lot of (mostly) good advice. You'll get a lot of dumb answers if you ask about identifying a fish and 80% will be 'snook candy'. For fish ID I use the Fish Rules app. It updates based upon where you are and has lots of pics.
    He/him
    Kayak fishing in a Native Slayer Max 12.5
    Lowrance Elite 9 ti2

3. Member
    Congrats Bassinloose on the Nautic Star. I am interested in the same model but am a novice when it comes to Bay Boats. How much hp did you get. Did you feel it needed trim tabs. I am totally confused about trolling motors. Boat will be mostly used for freshwater bass fishing and I am used to a foot control Minn Kota. Any recommendations I would appreciate, what about remote control models, will probably purchase a salt water model. ??? Good luck with your new purchase and I would greatly appreciate any advice you might offer.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassinloose View Post
    Just traded in my Stratos 201 pro for NauticStar 215 XTS.... Going to start saltwater fishing. Which I have not done in a couple decades since I moved back to Florida. Heck you might want to say I am new to it. Sure could use some guidance on Fishing and boat set up Do's and Don'ts. I am also having difficult with my SIMRAD GO9. I have been using a humminbird for so many years.
    I will be fishing N. Fla. Mantanza River, St John River and the Gulf from Crystal River to Horseshoe.
    Well here are some from Crystal River from last week...........

Question everything!

Nice!
    He/him
    Kayak fishing in a Native Slayer Max 12.5
    Lowrance Elite 9 ti2

6. MTPOCKITS
    I live in Ocala and ive fished all that west cost area, go to Stienhatchee florida and call it a day. And best saltwater tip i can give you is wash every single inch of that boat after every trip.