Manual or Manuals 86' Mean 15

If anyone has information or manuals on a 1986CHAMPION Mean 15 I would appreciate any help I can get. I am currently rewiring the boat & want to make sure it is back to the way the factory had it originally. The previous owners of the boat's past history had changed things to accommodate there interest's of keeping to boat running & not replacing things that needed repaired or replaced. Thank you in advance
    1986 Champion 15'6" Mean 15, 1986 Mercury Tower Of Power 90 hp 2 Stroke, Mercury Thruster R28 24/12 trolling motor w/foot peddle, Live wells 1 front 1 rear,
    2 storage area's front left & right sides, 2 storage area's rear left & right sides, storage under driver & passenger seats, single console, brown flake top & solid cream bottom, chrome hand rails left & right sides, 2 batteries left, gas tank 1battery right in rear compartment, matching brown carpet & single axle matching brown trail inc. trailer.
    Not sure if all that information is needed, but i figured it couldn't hurt.Robert Lafreniere
    ruudawg1@yahoo.com

2. Pat Goff
    There's a few guys here who can email it, but don't have high expectations, it's not going to help much.
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

[SIGPIC][<a href=http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=583&dateline=1498828542/SIGPIC] target=_blank>http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?t...828542/SIGPIC]</a>

3. Member
    That Manual that was sent to you in email is all there is... they don't have manuals for boats like they do cars..

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=949510
    Bruce Phillips
    1995 190 DC champion ......1995 200 xri merc

4. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    ruudawg, didn't you get the one ChampioNman sent you the other day?

5. Member
    Hi everyone, Lea yes I got it, But as Pat has pointed out, not a lot of information that I was hoping for. That's not to say that it is still nice to have in my file since there is other information that may come in handy down the road. From what I have read it is obvious that this manual is for a bigger & newer model that came with a plug in charging panel with switches for the live wells, motor trim, anchor & 12/24 volt charging located in the front. This would really change the wire harness from mine unless that is why the connector block @ the end of the harness would have been used for & that's why its empty (no male end connected). ?? Mine only has a female receptacle located in the front & a seperate blank plate covering a cut out, which could or would have been the the plate described above if the above options were ordered. Now that would make sense or am I way out in left field & make no sense in the real world. (I do that now & then) Let me know if I am thinking straight or did actually hit my head harder than i realized when fell off the ladder last week.
    Thank you Championman for sending the manual

6. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    What are you doing falling off ladders!!!! ;)

7. Member
    Robert, you've got mail. Enjoy

8. Member
    Ruudawg, just a couple points FYI.
    1. The manual that ChampioNman sent is identical to the manual that came with my 1985 176 (17’6”).
    2. If you will note-In the sales brochure that I sent you, the 15’6” boat is named either”Super V or Super Champ, but not “MEAN”

Others here with more ChampioN history than I may know the difference in names or nicknames for these models.

9. Member
    Thank you to everyone, now im getting confused. Some tell me I have a MEAN15
    Then some say its a Super V or a Super Champ. How can a manufacture not have a better control of substantiating the difference in models & build boats in a non confused operation? There has to be a guaranteed system.

10. Member
    Robert, the ChampioN brochure pages I sent you are from the 1985 sales brochure. I do not know what the model line-up for 1986 was. I also do not know if there existed NICKNAMES for some models that were diff than the names listed in the brochures. From reading here in the Forums, I have no doubt that there were “MEAN” models!