Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Curious about a new product (New Pro V-T2 Livewell ventilation system)

I am a weekend Bass Angler and am in a small Club here in New Hampshire. I was wondering if anyone could give me some insight as to how this system works and does it work? Would like to get better ventilation in my livewells as warmer days, I have lost some fish due to the elements. Would like to eliminate that without going bankrupt. I have an '04 Ranger 185VS. The write up about the V-T2 says nothing about how it works.

2. Banned
    It lets the stale, CO2 laden air out, and fresh air in. If there's no fresh air in the live well, then there's no O2 that can get transferred to the water when your recirculator/aerator is running.
    The air flow will also help cool the water when running your boat up the lake as well.
    I have them; they do help.

3. Member
    I personally think they work, and are a worthwhile investment. Being up north fishing for smallmouth I do everything I can to try and keep them alive. FYI - they are currently on sale at Tacklewarehouse.

4. Member
    I think they should work well, at least I hope so. I just purchased those but haven't gotten them installed as of yet. I have read many positive stories about them on here and excellent reviews.

5. Member
    Yeah Nick D, I saw that they are on sale at TW. Also looking at the T-H Marine Oxygenator as a possibility. My buddy has that on his Ranger Z520. Will have to see what he says about the Oxygenator. I use a livewell additive (g Juice) but every so often, end up with dead fish at weigh-ins, be it from being hooked deeply or from the elements so would like to try something to atleast cut down on that.

6. Member
    They have worked well for me. Fish are almost too lively at weigh in. As said above, it allows replacement of bad air that contain excessive CO2, ammonia, and little oxygen. (These are the gasses coming from fish in the livewell.)

here is their homepage...https://www.newproproducts.com/products.html

1/2 to 2/3 the way down the homepage they explain the key things V-T2 vents help with. The biggest issue people has is the fear of installing. Watch the video at the bottom of their homepage. They give a few helpful tips. Make sure you go in reverse until your through the carpet and started into the lid. The garbage bag tip is also helpful. Once you get over the fear of drilling the hole installation is really simple. It is a great product that does exactly what it says it does.

8. Member
    so would the oxygenator not eliminate those harmfull gases emitted from the fish in the livewell?

I believe the VT2 vents work well. Go that route. There is nothing to hook up or have fail in the future.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

Quote Originally Posted by NHbassfisherman View Post
    so would the oxygenator not eliminate those harmfull gases emitted from the fish in the livewell?
    No the Oxygenator is a fancy bubble maker, Plus you have to be careful about what livewell additive you use with Oxygenator, any additive with salt in it and the Oxygenator will make Chlorine gas.

11. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar

I don't know if they eliminate harmful gases when used all by themself so I don't know if the answer is yes or no. I do recall reading if you use any livewell additive that is not approved by oxygenator there is a possibility you can actually harm fish with an oxygenator using the wrong additives. If my memory is correct using any product with salt in conjunction with an oxygenator actually creates harmful toxins.

I know a few people who have oxygenators and it seems to be a 50/50 split on whether they like them or not. I think most of the negative reports are from people who don't read the owners manual and use livewell additives that are not approved in conjunction with their oxygenator. Open this link and click on "read more"...https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/T-H_...age-OMPLM.html

As for the V-T2 I have yet to hear a bad report on them. Fish naturally release harmful gases through the way they breathe. It's similiar to how humans exhale carbon dioxide. We are out in the open air so the parts per million of harmful gas we exhale is not at a toxic level because there is oxygenated air to delude the levels. A fish is trapped in a livewell and if your recirculating water your recirculating water with harmful gases. The vents allow these gases to escape and keeps the parts per million of unsafe gases at a low level. Oxygenator makes a fine product but if you do not use it correct it can cause more harm than good. With V-T2 its just simply install and they do all the work and you do nothing. There is nothing mechanical or electrical to fail. For this reason alone is why I chose V-T2 over Oxygenator.

vt-2's are by far worth it!! I installed them in my Last boat and will be also be installing them in my new one when it's finished. On the other hand.. Oxygenator....IF you ever fish water that is slightly brackish, it'll kill everything in the well. The ozone the oxygenators omit reacts with the salt in the water and produces chlorine gas. It'll kill every fish in your well in short order.
    Last edited by white gambler; 12-25-2018 at 09:11 PM.

13. Member
    So let me see if I fully understand the VT2. The vents let out the harmfull gases given off by the fish through one side of the vent and I assume if the aerators are on, which I do run them on timer when in tournaments, will create new oxygen plus when I am running down the lake, it forces air into the livewells which gives the water more oxygen plus cools the water down a few degrees. Hoping I pretty much understand how these VT2 vents work.

I've had them for over a year and they are GREAT !! Easy to install, just make sure you have the openings facing front and rear. I used stainless rivets on mine instead of the bolts. My fish are lively all day long and I never add any additive to the water, other than some Mountain Dew or 7-Up when I have a bleeder. And that's just what runs thru his gills as I flush him out to stop the bleeding.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

15. Member
    Definitely leaning towards purchasing the VT-2 for my boat. Pricewise, its an awesome product for a small price and by what I have read and been told, they work very well. And best part is they are on sale right now at Tackle Warehouse and pretty sure I will get a GC for TW for Christmas. Anyone know how long they will be 25% off at Tackle Warehouse?
    Last edited by NHbassfisherman; 12-24-2018 at 01:46 PM.

16. Member
    Sale is good until January 7th, 2019....

17. Member
    it's similar to riding in a car in the summer with no ac and windows rolled up. Crack them a few inches and temp drops and it's alot nicer. Same theory in your livewell. I wouldn't have a boat without them.

18. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    So let me see if I fully understand the VT2. The vents let out the harmfull gases given off by the fish through one side of the vent and I assume if the aerators are on, which I do run them on timer when in tournaments, will create new oxygen plus when I am running down the lake, it forces air into the livewells which gives the water more oxygen plus cools the water down a few degrees. Hoping I pretty much understand how these VT2 vents work.
    That's also the way I understand they work.

19. Member
    Get em. They work. Went two years without. Live wells stayed hot even when adding ice and recircing. Didn’t lose a lot but did lose several doing everything “right”. Added the vents and haven’t lost a fish since. Get em.
    2014 Ranger Z520C, Yamaha 250 SHO

20. Member
    Anyone have a link for the sale? I can find em on tw, but they are showin regular price. Thanks.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast