Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by texasbass1 View Post
    I installed a set this year in my boat after much research and the first thing I noticed was that when I opened the live wells there wasn't the blast of hot air last summer. If nothing else it keeps the ambient air cooler above the water line.
    Yeah worst thing they Do is keep your livewell cooler. IF they did nothing more than this, I would have them.

2. Member
    I bought a pair and too worried about putting them in. I don’t like where the person in the back stands in relation to them. I feel like their foot may push through because my lids are a little soft.

3. Member
    So, I guess I will be purchasing them. After reading all the posts on all 4 pages, its definitely majority rules as like 95% of the people had nothing bad to say about them.

When you get ready to install go to their website and check out the install helpful tip videos. Both are very similiar but I prefer how it was done in the bottom video.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DougL58 View Post
    I understand the concept. The design is good. I also know you need to cover cost for molds etc., but $45 for 2 PVC fittings seems just too high for me.
    Profit is not a dirty word.

When I was ordering a new boat these were an option....a $300.00 option.....I will buy and install them myself if I think the need is there.

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Triton19x2 View Post
    When I was ordering a new boat these were an option....a $300.00 option.....I will buy and install them myself if I think the need is there.
    Right. They take 10 minutes to put in. Lol

Lurker mostly ... but if you tourney fish ... it's a no brainer... getting the bad gases out of livewell air before they remix with water is gold ...

hot days a little hydrogen peroxide is good too good too as the O2 dissoveles in the water and the hydrogen releases into the air and don't forget little small frozen plastic bottles to move from cooler to livewell as day progresses

lastly a little non iodized salt ... table salt will kill ... if you don't know how to make your own best to buy store bought brand they are usually blue or green powder that dissolves in the well

do the above and you will will never lose a fish due to livewell conditions albeit bad hook locations and poor removal can still kill

9. Member
    I had been looking at these for a couple of years and finally broke down and bought a set , I watched a couple you tube videos and bought a 2 1/2 in hole saw and the install was very easy .

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman392 View Post
    I had been looking at these for a couple of years and finally broke down and bought a set , I watched a couple you tube videos and bought a 2 1/2 in hole saw and the install was very easy .
    3"?

11. Member
    OK, my turn. I have them and its the best 40+ bucks I've ever spent. I used to babysit my live well but that is no longer needed. I fill it, hit the aerator timer and I'm done. I spend my time fishing and not worrying about whats going on in the live well. I don't use ice or additives or whatever. And yes, those fish are full of life when its time to weigh in. For those of you who are having a hard time on drilling holes in your boats, a swift kick in the nads will take your mind off it. Now, go fish!!

12. Member
    Does anyone Use the VT2 system on a slow boat? Top speed 8 mph. Does running the boat at speeds over 25 mph give the most benefit

13. Member
    I don't think speed matters as your getting fresh air in and the gasses out. You'll be surprised at how well they work.

14. Member
    I’ll definitely be installing some on my boat. Clearly a product that does exactly what it’s intended to do . I always worried about oxygenation, never even considered the gassed discharged. It would be like us breathing in a paper bag.

Judy, from New Pro, posted this in an older post...

The V-T2 creates a continuous and directed air flow in and out of the livewell ALL the time. Yes, when you run your boat this air flow is moving at a greater speed, but even when you are not this continuous air flow is happening. The problem with his design is that when he runs his boat the air space will fill with air quickly and then since there is no way out for the air to be released or leave the livewell, it will create a back pressure so no more fresh air goes in. So, this will be a very limited amount of oxygen and cooling brought into the livewell. Plus no harmful gases will be able to escape at this time either.

We often hear to just open your livewell every once in awhile. Yes, it will let some of the heat and gases out and allow a small amount of oxygen to enter the airspace, but it will not remove most of the harmful gases and do very little to boost the oxygen levels of the water. Once you close the lid again the gases continue to be in the water and continue to rise.

The V-T2 creates a continuous cooling and directed air flow into the livewell that disrupts the water surface and creates a continuous gas exchange. The cooler oxygenated air will cool the surface water molecules of your water and as they become cooler they drop to the bottom of the water column carrying oxygen. Thus the warmer molecules will then start to rise helping the harmful gases to the surface where the agitation of the surface water by the V-T2, your aerator and recirc help it to be released into the air space of your livewell, then radiate heat and air flow by the V-T2 air strips it out of the livewell.

The V-T2 keeps the livewell environment stable. Stable in oxygen levels and never allows the harmful gases to build up.

I know we made the design of the V-T2 very simple. And it was very hard work to make it a very user friendly product for anglers to use, but the function of the product is in no way as simple as most folks think it is.

I have willfully shared how to design it properly and how it needs to work to benefit the fish...by the time a guy finds and purchases the materials needed and constructs it the way it needs to be, and his time involved (which I would think you guys do well), he would have more money tied up than a purchase from us. Plus the end result would not look nearly as good!! Good fishing!

JUST TRUST IT!!
    2001 Ranger 518DVX Comanche / Mercury 200 Opti (OT306368)

16. Member
    I put them in my last boat and my son and I both noticed that our fish were in much better shape at the end of the day. I just bought another boat and I have bought a set to install in it.

x
    TCnSD
    Terry Chenowth
    Santee, CA

2003 Ranger 195VS
    2011 Etec 200HO
    No Problem I'm on fish...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234