Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    TW sent me an email stating they were sorry for the inconvenience and misunderstanding and will honor the sale price of $33.74 whenever I decide to purchase them, which will be after the new year. They made a notation in my files, all I have to do is call them and order them and I will get the sale price so KUDO's to TW.

2. Member
    Nice. Their customer service is always good.

3. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator
    I won't own another boat that I don't have the VT2 installed.

Basscat claims they are not necessary (although fine to install if one desires) interestingly enough... Not sure if due to them rather promoting their O2 setup, or b/c of their triangular livewell design, or...

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    Basscat claims they are not necessary (although fine to install if one desires) interestingly enough... Not sure if due to them rather promoting their O2 setup, or b/c of their triangular livewell design, or...
    Was not aware of the Basscat position. Interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by printman71 View Post
    Was not aware of the Basscat position. Interesting...

It's mentioned on the basscat forums... admittedly I think the thread is a few years old, but here is the direct response. There are also a few threads of folks using them on their Basscats with good results.

Last edited by 78Staff; 01-20-2019 at 06:41 PM.

7. Member
    It’s a total joke ... been bassfishing my whole life and this is about the equivalent of the helicopter lure

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BassJP View Post
    It’s a total joke ... been bassfishing my whole life and this is about the equivalent of the helicopter lure
    It's a total joke if you don't understand how a fish breathes.

9. Member
    I understand the concept. The design is good. I also know you need to cover cost for molds etc., but $45 for 2 PVC fittings seems just too high for me.

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DougL58 View Post
    I understand the concept. The design is good. I also know you need to cover cost for molds etc., but $45 for 2 PVC fittings seems just too high for me.
    I made a set myself, but I got tired of how ugly they were and they didn't have a functional louver set up like the VT-2, so I bought the proper thing.
    We'll pay $45 for two high-end crankbaits that break or break off. The VT-2 goes in and quietly does it's job forever.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassJP View Post
    We need all the help possible to keep fish healthy.
    They do make a significant difference here.
    However, everyone gets to decide on equipment.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NHbassfisherman View Post
    Definitely leaning towards purchasing the VT-2 for my boat. Pricewise, its an awesome product for a small price and by what I have read and been told, they work very well. And best part is they are on sale right now at Tackle Warehouse and pretty sure I will get a GC for TW for Christmas. Anyone know how long they will be 25% off at Tackle Warehouse?
    I don't see them discounted?
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

13. Member
    The big reason I haven't pulled the trigger on the vents is the fear of increased aerator noise. I don't want to hear that all day as I fish because I often run the pumps all day. Anyone want to chime in on increased noise?
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

14. Banned
    You won't hear the pumps more, but you might hear the water spraying out of the aerator nozzle and hitting the water a tiny bit more.
    I'm hard of hearing, and still have to ask my partner if he can hear the pumps cycling.

15. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    In regards to the Basscat claim...I have no doubt their livewell system is great. I would also be willing to say there is several boat manufacturers that have great livewell systems. There is some manufacturers that have insulation on the lids. This helps prevents the heat from the sun from heating up the livewell. Plus if you choose to add ice to slightly cool the water it helps keep it cool. Plus boat manufacturers have multiple different ways of increasing the oxygen though whatever type oxygen system they choose. Some also say their design and layout of the livewell also help calm fish. However the one thing that all manufactures are overlooking is how to get rid of toxic fumes and this is where V-T2 does what no other livewell system does. It will help cool by venting heat. It will help mix oxygen in the water via air flow through the vent and the one thing it does that no other system does is release toxins that is a byproduct of fish breathing. Obviously the process in which a fish breathes is totally different than a human. However there is one similarity. When humans exhale they exhale carbon dioxide. We do this out in the open so the parts per million is very low and safe. Fish like humans also release a harmful toxin in their process of breathing. They typically breathe in a lake with millions of gallons of water so the toxin level is deluded. Put them in an enclosed 20 gallon livewell and the toxin level dramatically increases. Hence the one thing V-T2 vents can do that no other livewell system does...vent harmful toxins. You can turn on the fresh water pump and exchange the high toxin water for freshwater but if your in a situation that requires ice to cool the water or if you use additives you will increase your work and cost to get rid of toxins buy routinely changing out the water.

Quote Originally Posted by dstep0 View Post
    The big reason I haven't pulled the trigger on the vents is the fear of increased aerator noise. I don't want to hear that all day as I fish because I often run the pumps all day. Anyone want to chime in on increased noise?
    Yes you can hear the aerators better. I actually like that feature. Without vents I barely could hear my pumps running. Before adding vents I would have to open the livewells and visually confirm they are running. Now I just listen to hear them kick on. When it's windy, even with the vents I can't hear them so I watch the volt reading on my front graph to change voltage. A fluctuation in voltage reading tells me they are kicking on/off. To me being able to hear them better is a plus. This might not be the case for you but I like hearing my pumps because that lets me know they are working.

40-45 dollars to better insure your catch stays more healthy and lives on to see another day. For as long as you own your boat. Hard for me to understand people bitchin about how much they cost.

Loved mine on my previous boat. Had them on for two years and they definitely helped keep my fish alive, also a very easy install.
    Craig
    USMC Retired
    2019 Nitro Z18 w/Dual Consoles
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS

Psalm 29:3 The voice of the Lord is upon the waters: the God of glory thundereth: the Lord is upon many waters.

I installed a set this year in my boat after much research and the first thing I noticed was that when I opened the live wells there wasn't the blast of hot air last summer. If nothing else it keeps the ambient air cooler above the water line.
    Pat Leach

USAF MSgt Retired

1992 Procraft 180 Pro
    2016 Mercury 150 Four Stroke
    2018 Minn Kota Ulterra
    Helix 7 SI/GPS
    Helix 7 Sonar/GPS

I've had them for several years and feel they do make a difference. In addition to venting trapped air they also allow you to hear the livewell pumps which is a big plus - that way you know they are working.
    2024 Phoenix 21 XE - Mercury 250 PRO XS Serial #3B429919
    2017 Phoenix PHX 21 - Yamaha 250 SHO
    2010 Skeeter 20i - Yamaha 250 SHO
    1988 Procraft 1780 Competitor - Mercury 100

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dstep0 View Post
    Funny cause that’s one the benefits I like about them. I like to hear them, that way I know all is good in there. I had more than couple livewell failures Over the years because I didn’t realize the pumps weren’t working soon enough. They aren’t loud and while your fishing you don’t even pay attention to it. If you stop and try to hear the pumps with these though you can.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast