Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Second boat and second set of VT2 being used.....great product.....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Guys, give Chuck a PM and let him quote a price on the VT 2 vents....he sells them also.......

http://www.bbcboards.net/member.php?u=54439
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

Not needed and a waste of money, learn to take care of your fish and livewells
    learn to Bleed the air bladder and do it when needed (when they are turning on their side and cant seem to stay upright is a very good sign this needs to be done, caught 30 ft or deeper this would be a sure thing. With spotted bass caught near the surface, keep in mind they may have come up from very deep and need to be punched as well
    Use catch & release, if the water is not green you are not using enough
    change out the water at least twice a day.
    run the aerators on a timer, hotter water longer run times
    keep frozen bottles of water in the ice chest to drop in the live wells to reduce waters temp not to exceed 10 deg lower than lake water
    Do not add ice directly to the livewells as it may be treated with chemicals for human consumption that can kill or weaken fish such as chlorine
    when water temps start rising above 75 deg add about 1 ounce of hydrogen peroxide every two hours, dilute it and add to live well. If added straight to livewells near fish it can damage their gills, be careful of this and do not over do it.
    Mountain dew for bleeders of course
    I lost one fish this year due to hook damage to the gills, bleed out before I could do anything about it, It is very rare for me to lose a fish no matter how hot it is
    Do not use soaps or cleaners to clean you livewells
    PS: be sure to at least half fill livewells to have it ready for your fish in advance
    Last edited by lpugh; 12-25-2018 at 12:52 AM.
    Thank You Leon Pugh

4. Banned
    I've never had an issue with my ranger wells, but guys giving these vents a good review so... me personally I don't think I could drill those holes

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lpugh View Post
    learn to Bleed the air bladder and do it when needed (when they are turning on their side and cant seem to stay upright is a very good sign this needs to be done, caught 30 ft or deeper this would be a sure thing. With spotted bass caught near the surface, keep in mind they may have come up from very deep and need to be punched as well
    keep frozen bottles of water in the ice chest to drop in the live wells to reduce waters temp not to exceed 10 deg lower than lake water
    Do not add ice directly to the livewells as it may be treated with chemicals for human consumption that can kill or weaken fish such as chlorine
    when water temps start rising above 75 deg add about 1 ounce of hydrogen peroxide every two hours, dilute it and add to live well. If added straight to livewells near fish it can damage their gills, be careful of this and do not over do it.
    I lost one fish this year due to hook damage to the gills, bleed out before I could do anything about it, It is very rare for me to lose a fish no matter how hot it is
    PS: be sure to at least half fill livewells to have it ready for your fish in advance
    Many good points above, but............. purging poisoned air and circulating fresh air back in is painfully missing, and can't be denied.
    Install the vents.

6. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    I've had them for several years and I highly recommend them on any livewell. While fishing my wells are open and pumping fresh water on the timer. This allows excretment etc....to go out the drain and eliminating some pollutants from the wells. When I move, I close the wells and recirc if needed. When I stop I open the wells again and let the timer do it's work. It's unbelieveable how much cooler the wells are when you open them and lively the fish are.......I use nothing else ......vents and fresh water works even down in the deep south.

7. Member
    Had them on my Ranger. Worked perfectly in our Florida heat.
    I definitely recommend them. As noted, go slow installing.

8. Member
    I live in south Louisiana and we fish many tournaments in the marsh where water temps can be close to 100degrees. No mater what livewell you got you still have to take care of your water in them. I had no problems with my livewell before using theses but after I installed them several years ago you definitely tell a difference in how livelly the fish we’re at weigh in. It’s to the point their even hard to weigh in cause there moving to much.

9. Member
    I just sent TW an email asking why after they told me the sale was good thru 1/7/19, is it showing them back at full price now. Will keep you posted, jdwo2212.

10. Member
    I have had them on my boat for a few years they definitely help, well worth the money.

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NHbassfisherman View Post
    I just sent TW an email asking why after they told me the sale was good thru 1/7/19, is it showing them back at full price now. Will keep you posted, jdwo2212.
    They're well worth it at full price.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova Kaw 650 View Post
    They're well worth it at full price.
    I agree. They work.

13. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lpugh View Post
    I respect your opinion. I just want to be clear there has been many debates and studies done and the end result has been varied as to what is the best fish care for tournament bass fisherman. I can not definitively say one way is better than the other but there is one thing for sure. Doing something is better than doing nothing. I think we can all agree on that.

I would like to say that any fish caught deep and pulled up real fast will get the bends. To release them healthy it is important they have their air bladder pressure stabilized. You can have livewell vents, additives, peroxide, run the pumps 24/7 and cool the water all you want but until their air bladder has equalized pressure their health is not 100%. These type fish have a high delayed mortality rate.

As I said I respect your opinion but one thing you claim that I just can not agree with...you said "not needed, a waste of money". I buy one set of vents and I am out $45 and that's it. I never have to spend another dime. With your method you will be constantly buying additives, peroxide and dealing with the expense of ice. You will be constantly adding something to keep your fish healthy. All I do is turn my pumps on timer and I am done for the day. Your expense will continue down the road for years whereas with a set of V-T2 vents its a one time $45 expense. I just don't see it as wasted money when it really works and it's a one time expense and your done for good. Now with that being said I don't think your method is a waste of money. Your doing extra work and spending money to help fish swim away to fight another day and for that I praise you for being passionate about fish care. Just because we don't agree doesn't mean I dislike what you actually do for fish care. I just think V-T2 vents work. They are less expensive, require less labor and in return this makes them a better option for me.

14. Member
    I need to install on my new boat. Had them in my last and know they work
    Nitro z21

15. Banned
    all those bubbles you see in your livewell is ammonia.. The VT2 vents will keep that from building up. I have had them for about 6 months and love them.

16. Member
    Sold my old boat that had them just got a new set for Xmas that will be going on the new boat. I see guys talking about the vents on here all the time . THE VENTS FLAT OUT WORK . I have not herd a bad remark about them from the people that have them myself included . THEY WORK GUYS .

17. Member
    My son has them on his 364 Ranger (30 year old livewell technology) and swears by them.

They were a one day sale item. Ordered 2 sets for the upcoming Western Bass Club Annual Awards Banquet raffle.
    G3 HP180
    Yamaha 115 4 Stroke

19. Member
    Well i was misinformed by the TW customer service rep and told they were on sale until 1/7/19. I just sent them another email stating that they misinformed me as i asked specifically how long the VT-2 vents were on sale for. So told them i do alot of business with TW and would like to know if they would honor the sale price to me. We'll have to wait and see.

20. Member
    Good luck. :)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast