Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Riccochet View Post
    Just so you know the Garmin EchoMap don't have true networking. They can share waypoints, that's it, and it's via the NMEA 0183 port. The ethernet port on the units is used for Panoptix/Livescope only. Only the GPSmap units have true networking.
    That is true for the regualr Echomap units.....its the Plus that does ethernet......guys are not posting exactly what unit they have except to say "EC 93sv" so hopefully they are buying the correct units to use with Livescope.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    That is true for the regualr Echomap units.....its the Plus that does ethernet......guys are not posting exactly what unit they have except to say "EC 93sv" so hopefully they are buying the correct units to use with Livescope.
    Straight from Garmin's site on the Plus series specs.

Capture.JPG

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    Straight from Garmin's site on the Plus series specs. It does not do ethernet networking. Only used for Panoptix.

Garmin Marine Network™ ports 1 Panoptix™ port
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I have 2 EC+ 93 units and PS22 that are networked to the UHD box.....all is functioning as designed and share waypoints and sonar.....yes you can use the port for panoptix if that all you have.

When they first were released it took a software update to enable the ethernet capabilities.
    Last edited by fishin couillon; 12-25-2018 at 04:18 PM.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Riccochet View Post
    Straight from Garmin's site on the Plus series specs.

Capture.JPG
    This is what I found on the 93 vs plus. I also got lakevu hd mapping..
    Now enjoy sharing sonar and user data between two ECHOMAP Plus units (7x and 9x models only) via Ethernet cable with the February 2018 software update.

6. Member
    Spend all you can no matter which one you get next year they will bring out a better one and you will want it

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dkibat View Post
    Spend all you can no matter which one you get next year they will bring out a better one and you will want it
    True that! As bad as I hate to admit it....

8. Member
    Now that Garmin owns navionics mapping, just make sure that the new units are compatible with Bluechart G3 mapping on their website. I have used every brand and Garmin has been my favorite. If you never plan on getting panoptix, Hummingbird would also be a great choice.

9. Member
    If you decide to go with a brand other than Garmin, you can buy a unit in a bundle with Navionics, which will save you money and make sure you have good mapping right off the bat.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RoughriverRick View Post
    Thanks for the help guys. I just bought 2 93vs units with transducer and Lakevu hd mapping. Going with the 9" units I saved more money. GPS store had them marked down pretty well.
    I would love to hear feedback on the new units. I'm also in the market

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tee1967 View Post
    They should be here tomorrow. Might be a couple weeks before I get them in the water. I will report back though.

12. Member
    All great info guys. I’m in the market for new units as well. Thanks you guys have clarified some things for me.

I made 2 mistakes : bought 2 7” screens!!!!!
    one is somewhat ok for downscan but a 7” side scan is not really a good thing.
    A brush pile 10’ in dia. 20’ away in 15’ of water on screen shows to be about 1/4” in size and is very easy to overlook.
    So trying to cast to it is tough to hit.
    But, I don’t have job to support 5000$ units. Just go over brush with downscan and chunk out marker like the 1980s

Stay with lowrance and just plug and play with a larger unit
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tee1967 View Post
    Sorry for the delay in posting feedback. I have both units installed. They work great. They are linked together via Ethernet cable. The both also have WiFi and Bluetooth. The WiFi if for connecting the the active captain, Bluetooth works with messaging with you phone. So far I have no complaints. I had some great shots of roadbeds 25 feet down on side scan. Overall I give them an A especially for what they cost. I also will be able to upgrade to the G3 lake Vu in Feb.

16. Member
    Riccochet - echomap plus units, with an update and Ethernet cable, will share sonar and waypoints.
    I had two 73sv plus units. They had four ports on the back. Power, nmea 2000, Ethernet, sonar.
    I routinely shared sonar between the two units.
    PhotoPictureResizer_190115_225340747-500x500.jpg
    Had to resize the pic to upload it. Both units using one transducer .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12