1998 Skeeter 21' with Yamaha 200 VMAX Alarm Issues???? Need help

Problems...
    The boat starts, runs, etc....BUT, once i'm on plane making a short run to my next spot, an alarm sounds(it's a constant beeeeeeeeeeeep) and it shuts my motor down below 2000 rpm's causing me to take water due to the abrupt slowing. I shut the key off, the alarm shut off. If i try to restart immediately, the alarm is still sounding. After several attempt at turning on and off and in gear and out of gear(basically anything i can trick it to do), it finally goes away. I then take off, jump up on plane and it will allow me to run a couple minutes or so before it happens again.

My attempt to fix..I read up on some forums and was told to replace the water impeller/pump(in which I did), replace the thermostats( in which i did) and the problem still exist. I also ran the motor at the launch and it still happened. At that point I also removed the oil reservoir under the hood and messed with the float sensor(which did nothing). Alarm still sounded.

Conclusion...NEED HELP!! Problem Still Exist!!!

2. Member
    In addition to the thermostat there's a temperature sensor for overheating (I think there's one on each head near the top). Normally to test them you remove the wire and ground it to the block to activate the alarm. In your case, just remove the wire.connector and see if alarm stops. In that case it's a faulty sensor. I had a 2001 0x-66 with same problem.

3. Member
    have you changed the poppet valve this will also cause a overheat horn.

4. Member
    How's the pee stream?
    Need a new bow step pad for your boat? Do what I did!
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=712307

Are your boat seats trashed? Fix them yourself and save $1000!
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=754944