Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Bobs Bayou Black

I know they were supposed to lose their lease, but does anyone know if that has happened yet or are they still open at this time.

2. Member
    Still open. Wasn’t suppose to close til 3-1-19. I heard he got a years extension though.

3. Member
    I really think the governor should make a phone call to someone on this one. Closing a small local business that thousands of people depend on over 75 yards of canal is not good PR for a company doing business in the state. DEQ and LDWF should make life miserable for some of these out of state companies that want to take advantage of laws written by rich property owners, to benefit rich property owners over 200 years ago. To deny access to clearly navigable water as defined by the FCR of the United States when there is no clear definition of Navigable water in Louisiana Statutes is hard to imagine. And very little help from legislators to right this wrong done hundreds of years ago because these large land companies pad their campaign funds. These waters have to adhere to the clean water act, coast guard regulations and Corp of engineers regulations, but for some reason navigable water is a "property rights" issue. Wonder why we are the laughing stock of the country. Of course its not about the 75 yards of canal. Its about the whole field on that side. If they deny that lease then they have no reason to allow access to the rest of the field,,thats the end game on this.

Quote Originally Posted by jcdogfish View Post
    I really think the governor should make a phone call to someone on this one. Closing a small local business that thousands of people depend on over 75 yards of canal is not good PR for a company doing business in the state. DEQ and LDWF should make life miserable for some of these out of state companies that want to take advantage of laws written by rich property owners, to benefit rich property owners over 200 years ago. To deny access to clearly navigable water as defined by the FCR of the United States when there is no clear definition of Navigable water in Louisiana Statutes is hard to imagine. And very little help from legislators to right this wrong done hundreds of years ago because these large land companies pad their campaign funds. These waters have to adhere to the clean water act, coast guard regulations and Corp of engineers regulations, but for some reason navigable water is a "property rights" issue. Wonder why we are the laughing stock of the country. Of course its not about the 75 yards of canal. Its about the whole field on that side. If they deny that lease then they have no reason to allow access to the rest of the field,,thats the end game on this.
    Agreed! It’s sad

5. Member
    Went this past week it’s open,guy said they will be open into next year. Said they may get extension but it’s a mess it’s a mudhole. There are boats in the front part and in areas that are permanently parked blocking most the close spots rest is mud holes. Someone should be looking to make a investment in a launch there could do well.

6. Member
    I wouldn't be spending a money on the lot either if I thought I could lose my lease next year. After it is settled and if he can renew the lease, I would expect major improvements.

7. Banned
    Thanks guys, but I got my answer yesterday when we went over there to launch. JR21RDC is right about the mud hole and Barry J is right also. PS, did not catch much. 7 bass total and no real size.

8. Member
    its always a mud hole. and will always be a mud hole.

I agree it does get real muddy but where else would you launch around there? I hope they eventually figure all this crap out with the waterways and the company threatening to end the lease gets their head out their a** and the lease gets extended.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaryLab View Post
    I agree it does get real muddy but where else would you launch around there? I hope they eventually figure all this crap out with the waterways and the company threatening to end the lease gets their head out their a** and the lease gets extended.
    Amelia under the bridge, or the new Bob Thibodaux launch. But I’m sure those will be packed if Bob’s ever closes.
    2008 Ranger 170 VX

11. Member
    Open for another year.

12. Member
    I believe I saw on Facebook goes thru March 2020.

13. Member
    Yep, saw on HoumaToday.com that the lease was extended for another year. Apparently still in discussions about the state taking it over. Who knows what it’s going to be like when that happens.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Mo View Post
    Yep, saw on HoumaToday.com that the lease was extended for another year. Apparently still in discussions about the state taking it over. Who knows what it’s going to be like when that happens.
    Thats about right. State takes it over, spends a million or so making it first class. then access is denied and launch closed. Williams ends up with a first class private lodge and marina for pennies on the dollar and hand out keys to the canal to "special" folks.

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AustinD View Post
    Amelia under the bridge, or the new Bob Thibodaux launch. But I’m sure those will be packed if Bob’s ever closes.
    We do launch in Amelia, but where we wanted to go would have added
    25 miles round trip and the cost of gas in the truck is a lot less than the cost in the boat.

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikez521 View Post
    We do launch in Amelia, but where we wanted to go would have added
    25 miles round trip and the cost of gas in the truck is a lot less than the cost in the boat.
    Not to mention it was cold.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jcdogfish View Post
    Thats about right. State takes it over, spends a million or so making it first class. then access is denied and launch closed. Williams ends up with a first class private lodge and marina for pennies on the dollar and hand out keys to the canal to "special" folks.
    If the lease is terminated in that case; all improvements should be destroyed. Let them start from scratch like everyone else.

18. Member
    thats what gets me about bobs. He is RAKING in money and could care less about improving the launch. he throws some rocks at it once it a blue moon and calls it a day.

19. Member
    Well he’s was in a span of not knowing his situation. But now if he has it till 2020 he should do the right thing and spread some rocks. The problem now is he let it get so bad it’s gonna take $$$ to get it where it should be. I don’t think he’s going to do that.
    He will fill in the holes but the rest is gonna stay. Hope it dries up but theses up coming months are normally wet. But if the temp keeps up it won’t matter. Bay Wallace already heating up..going to be early spawn.

20. Member
    From what I’ve seen the launch gets neglectled every year during duck season.
    Last edited by SUSHII; 01-07-2019 at 12:14 PM.
    SUSHII
    21XRS/SHO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast