Thread: Gold/Silver

Gold/Silver

Just curious how many here hold some Gold/Silver either coins,bars or stocks.As the almost everything bubble pops Gold/Silver are one of the few assets that's not in a bubble.I have played the Gold/Silver market off and on since the late 1970's standing in line to sell with my Dad way back than.Now for me Gold/Silver is something that can make you big money when you buy it when it's unloved and you must sell when it spikes which it does every decade which you can see in charts and it's been unloved for a number of years now.Block chain may have some future but almost all of the ones today will go to zero.Gold/Silver are due for a run and I think buying at these levels will make money as the bubble in other assets unwind.The money has to flow somewhere.So how many here hold any Gold/Silver?

2. Member
    William Devane here. I get my gold and silver from Lear Capital.

3. Member
    I'd rather stock up on top shelf whiskey, easier sold and appreciable.

4. Member
    I have to generate income so gold won't work for my purposes. That being said, I work with someone who is very involved with certain auction houses for expensive pieces of art, jewlry, etc. and she said that over the past year these types of assets are increasingly being bought up and bid up by wealthy international buyers, mostly the Chinese. It looks like a lot of wealthy individuals abroad are buying these as a store of value since these are unique. It used to be that Real Estate was another asset that worked but we recently had an auction on a house on Hillsboro Mile that was under construction for about 8 years. They had it listed for 120 million and it went to auction for no reserve and sold for about $43 million. There is apparently a glut of these ultra luxury mansions around the country so these do not seem to be viewed as a store of value.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroZ7 View Post
    I have to generate income so gold won't work for my purposes. That being said, I work with someone who is very involved with certain auction houses for expensive pieces of art, jewlry, etc. and she said that over the past year these types of assets are increasingly being bought up and bid up by wealthy international buyers, mostly the Chinese. It looks like a lot of wealthy individuals abroad are buying these as a store of value since these are unique. It used to be that Real Estate was another asset that worked but we recently had an auction on a house on Hillsboro Mile that was under construction for about 8 years. They had it listed for 120 million and it went to auction for no reserve and sold for about $43 million. There is apparently a glut of these ultra luxury mansions around the country so these do not seem to be viewed as a store of value.
    dang it i should have sold my mansion last year !!