Thread: Baileys Foil

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Baileys Foil

Finally got a chance to run the boat with the foil. 721/sho with 15' talons and one livewell full with over 1/2 tank and it was the same holeshot as before the talons. With no water in the wells it was back to zero bow rise and hops right up. Really impressed and if you run real heavy you need to get one. Thanks to Andy(drewtick) for selling all the little doodads for our boats

2. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Anyone running a foil on a 921 XP / SHO? Wouldn't mind a quicker hole shot. Just a tad under 4 seconds now. Prolly like 3.8 secs, and I run pretty heavy.

3. Member
    My 12ft Talons killed my holeshot. Do I have to drill holes in my sketch to install a foil? Does that affect the motor warranty?

The holes are drilled in the cavitation plate.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

5. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by db220 View Post
    My 12ft Talons killed my holeshot. Do I have to drill holes in my sketch to install a foil? Does that affect the motor warranty?
    yes to the drilling 6 holes
    , should only affect warranty if it caused the issue needing to be covered, for example if you hit something with the foil hard enough to break off the cavitation plate they could blame it on it but if you hit something like that its usually going to be a insurance claim not a warranty claim

Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

6. Member
    Thanks for the replies. I appreciate it!

7. Member
    [QUOTE=DREWTICK;9893522]yes to the drilling 6 holes

Are the bolts the allan head bolts in the kit that are shown in the pictures? What is the 'checkbox group' below all the choosing of stuff?
    "Everyone should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing."

-Henry David Thoreau

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

author unknown

2015 Phoenix 919 225 Yamaha SHO

8. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Tom Edwards;9896281]
    Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    yes to the drilling 6 holes

Are the bolts the allan head bolts in the kit that are shown in the pictures? What is the 'checkbox group' below all the choosing of stuff?
    Tom that picture is of my foil and like usual I had to change something, I used my own torx security screws and bolts, the bolt kit that CB Marine provides is stainless steel hex bolts with lock nuts, washers and rubber washers that go between the foil and plate,

also the laser cut logos are free but the colored backers are extra, sense by plate is black I just used a piece of stainless steel for the backer
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    info@drewcraft.com

9. Member
    [QUOTE=DREWTICK;9896740]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Edwards View Post

Tom that picture is of my foil and like usual I had to change something, I used my own torx security screws and bolts, the bolt kit that CB Marine provides is stainless steel hex bolts with lock nuts, washers and rubber washers that go between the foil and plate,

also the laser cut logos are free but the colored backers are extra, sense by plate is black I just used a piece of stainless steel for the backer
    Ok, thanks. I'd be using the allan or Torx screws as the round/pan head is cleaner than a hex. I already have some 1/4" and I think some 5/16" allan round head screws, but would have to see what length is needed after the purchase, not to mention the dia of the screw 1/4" or 5/16". The hardware store does have rubber washers, I'd have never thought of those. I don't have a security type socket/allan wrench/driver, but I guess I could buy what I needed at the hardware store, they do have that stuff there, but don't know if only a set or if an individual socket/allan can be bought. Just have to plan it out. My thought for the cutouts is maybe put 'Phoenix' on one side of the plate, and SHO on the other side. :-)

I had the whole selection page filled out but had to ask questions. I still don't know what 'checkbox group' means and what the 3 selections are.
    Last edited by Tom Edwards; 12-26-2018 at 01:00 PM. Reason: to insert/driver

-Henry David Thoreau

author unknown

10. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Tom I removed the check boxs, that should not have been on the website
    the bolts are 1/4"

the small screws holding the backer plates are allen head, the others are standard hex, you can use what ever you like as long as you use rubber washers in between, the cavitation plate isn't flat and the washers take up the space

info@drewcraft.com

11. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar

info@drewcraft.com

12. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    info@drewcraft.com

13. Member
    Also my motor doesn't have the adjustable trim tab under the cavitation plate. But it does have a round plate under there that has a squarish bump on it. The bump has an opening in the front that is maybe for water, for some such reason. Should I get the foil with the big round hole in it, or take off that round plate?

-Henry David Thoreau

author unknown

14. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Tom you will need the round hole, that flat plate is still a (anode) and needs to remain

your boat is the same as mine so if you order I will be sure you get the right one

just a suggestion don't get black, it will show just how blue the Yamaha paint is, I ended up painting my lower Merc black, if you are not getting green I would probably get mirrored or brushed stainless .
    info@drewcraft.com

15. Member
    Oh, ok, I'll think on the color. Ya, didn't think of that round plate being an anode. I'm going to go out and take a good look at the color of the lower unit.

-Henry David Thoreau

author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    Hey, that one looks familiar worked as expected much improved hole shot and can cruise around slower, high in water.

17. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gaston13 View Post
    Hey, that one looks familiar worked as expected much improved hole shot and can cruise around slower, high in water.

info@drewcraft.com

18. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Wonder why he doesn't have a match for SHO paint? I'd prolly go with one if he offered that.

19. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fidgetcranker View Post
    Wonder why he doesn't have a match for SHO paint? I'd prolly go with one if he offered that.
    he only carries about 10 colors of powder coat but he mentioned having access to lots of other colors, I will ask about the brand he uses and see if I can find one thats close. the SHO paint is black with blue flake, this one is pretty close
    https://www.prismaticpowders.com/sho...night-metallic
    info@drewcraft.com

20. Member
    I painted mine to match the yamaha black. It's not perfect but when I searched it's what I came up with. Google Yamaha black and you will get some different stuff. I went with moeller but it's not perfect by any means. I think yamaha sells it as well

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast