Thread: Baileys Foil

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    I painted mine to match the yamaha black. It's not perfect but when I searched it's what I came up with. Google Yamaha black and you will get some different stuff. I went with moeller but it's not perfect by any means. I think yamaha sells it as well
    yep the lower is just paint anyway, I paint mine once a year , found a honda car color made by duplicolor available at local auto parts that was close also after 5 cans of colors that didn't match

I used moeller for the black when I changed mine

I would recommend using etching primer
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

2. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    he only carries about 10 colors of powder coat but he mentioned having access to lots of other colors, I will ask about the brand he uses and see if I can find one thats close. the SHO paint is black with blue flake, this one is pretty close
    https://www.prismaticpowders.com/sho...night-metallic
    Thanks for looking into that. It looks pretty good. Hard to tell online tho, but so long as it's close would be fine.
    Do you know of any boats that lost speed or holeshot with one of those foils?
    Any idea about performance with foil on 921?
    Maybe help going slower on plane is my guess. So long as it doesn't slow me down on top end I may consider it. Thing is...Once it's on it has to stay on.

3. Member
    Should be out of the water at speed.
    "Everyone should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing."

-Henry David Thoreau

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

author unknown

2015 Phoenix 919 225 Yamaha SHO

4. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    I have not had a chance to make one of those high speed test runs with it, I have been 75 to 77 on blast off like most tournament days but haven't setup for that special run for that peak speed, our lakes have been trashed sense the hurricanes and stay trashy and flooded with all this rain so just not safe to really run like that. I have enjoyed the advantages of the slow on plain cursing more than anything, its nice going up creeks, I had to run 28mph to stay flat now 16 to 18 mph
    my holeshot was great empty but livewells full it sucked, now its like they are empty when they are full of water, not often full of fish
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    info@drewcraft.com

5. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Tom Edwards... That's right, didn't think of that! Thank you!
    DREWTICK... I'm at 28 mph for slow plane too!
    So on a heavy takeoff, for best holeshot with foil...Do you have JP up and lower as you speed up? I have to do that when heavy now, but when I'm lighter, I have JP down and raise it for speed.
    Just trying to get a feel for how it may work. Thx!

6. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fidgetcranker View Post
    Tom Edwards... That's right, didn't think of that! Thank you!
    DREWTICK... I'm at 28 mph for slow plane too!
    So on a heavy takeoff, for best holeshot with foil...Do you have JP up and lower as you speed up? I have to do that when heavy now, but when I'm lighter, I have JP down and raise it for speed.
    Just trying to get a feel for how it may work. Thx!
    I used to raise all the way up when livewells were full to take off but now I dont really bother, I dont ever move the jackplate unless im in shallow water,
    the affects on a 921 may not be as drastic as a 919, but I have heard from 721 and 920 owners that really felt the effects

maybe some will chime in but I haven't heard of any dislikes with one on a Phoenix

next time im prop testing this spring I plan on running it on and off the same day to see if I notice any handling difference
    info@drewcraft.com

7. Member
    I haven't had much time with it but I did notice I didnt have to put the jackplate up as high to get a good holeshot. I didnt try putting it down more to see if it helped but overall it helped the holeshot a good bit.

8. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    I haven't had much time with it but I did notice I didnt have to put the jackplate up as high to get a good holeshot. I didnt try putting it down more to see if it helped but overall it helped the holeshot a good bit.
    Thanks guys...kry29 I forget what boat you have...721?

9. Member
    Hey guys,
    at low cruising speeds
    what rpms r u running
    i have a merc 250 pro sx on a 211r ��
    thinking of getting a foil for tight turns up the flooded creeks
    my rig might compare to a 721

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fidgetcranker View Post
    Thanks guys...kry29 I forget what boat you have...721?
    Yea 721

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by capt odie View Post
    Hey guys,
    at low cruising speeds
    what rpms r u running
    i have a merc 250 pro sx on a 211r ��
    thinking of getting a foil for tight turns up the flooded creeks
    my rig might compare to a 721
    I haven't really checked. Only been out once so far

12. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    I never look at the RPMs at low speeds but cant be much running 18mph
    info@drewcraft.com

My 618 gets up on plane fully loaded with 2 people almost instantly with the foil. The best part of having the foil is running at low speed. I can run at 20 mph on plane with no problems.

2016 Phoenix 618 Pro
    2016 Mercury 175 Pro XS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12