Thread: NEW OBFN CLUB

Exclamation NEW OBFN CLUB

Good day fellow bassers. I will be putting an OBFN club together for this coming season. I was the Vice President of CATCHEM BASSMASTERS which has dwindled away.In it’s hay day. I would consider us to have been the premier club in Ohio at that time ( over 10 years ago) we actually had 3 boaters,including myself, in one season on the state team in one season that competed in the Norther divisional .wealso won the team event that season. I was federation angler of the year the following year (the last year I competed). Family duties kept me away and now it’s that time again. I would love to find a good group of local anglers to once again have that club of all club status. Any interest is appreciated. Looking for boaters and co anglers alike. Skills of all levels ( you will learn a lot if you are a beginner) i have a few guys in already and will be planning a February Meeting. Location is the Dayton area ( north) and club meetings will be held north of dayton in the Huber /Vandalia area. Looking to have some good tournaments ( one out of state) and base advancement on points not pounds. I’m still kicking around names but keep coming back to 5X3 bassers ... 5 BASS X 3:00 are you the next 5X3 member? P.M. me here or email me direct at joedonnan@yahoo.com. Thank you for your consideration. Good times and tight lines gentlemen.

2. Member
    You will find two clubs already in the Dayton area. I believe the other one is
    OBFN ?

3. Member
    obfn is "OHIO Bass Federation Nation" isn't it?, a weekend warrior division of bass any and all clubs can be in it and flw has a division like this tbf
    a club I was in sent a guy to the bass master classic through this method

likely 4-5 clubs in dayton still??
    Last edited by mactlman; 12-24-2018 at 03:01 PM.
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

4. Member
    Yes , OBFN is the B.A.S.S affiliated form of amateur bass fishing. It’s the grassroots of all bass tournaments. I will be assembling a club that will be based on comrodery and friendly competition. Those with an advanced skill level would have the opportunity to advance as they can , and those who are new to the art will be lucky enough to have some mentors to teach them. As for the amount of clubs in the Dayton area, I can just say that there are a lot of different types of clubs ,some have paper clubs so they can advance everyone, and some advance based on cumulative weight . That’s great for the guy who smoked them on the out of state tournament. The guy who couldn’t make the trip now has to catch up on the likes of Grand lake, Ohio River. So yes, a new OBFN club it will be. Grass roots old school bass fishing.....5x3 BASSERS

5. Member
    Hi 5 bass assasin I'm doug I live next to caesars creek lake me and my 17 yr old stepson might be interested we have a boat and fish a lot at ccl only because it's so close (5 min) to the ramp

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 BASS ASSASIN View Post
    Good day fellow bassers. I will be putting an OBFN club together for this coming season. I was the Vice President of CATCHEM BASSMASTERS which has dwindled away.In it’s hay day. I would consider us to have been the premier club in Ohio at that time ( over 10 years ago) we actually had 3 boaters,including myself, in one season on the state team in one season that competed in the Norther divisional .wealso won the team event that season. I was federation angler of the year the following year (the last year I competed). Family duties kept me away and now it’s that time again. I would love to find a good group of local anglers to once again have that club of all club status. Any interest is appreciated. Looking for boaters and co anglers alike. Skills of all levels ( you will learn a lot if you are a beginner) i have a few guys in already and will be planning a February Meeting. Location is the Dayton area ( north) and club meetings will be held north of dayton in the Huber /Vandalia area. Looking to have some good tournaments ( one out of state) and base advancement on points not pounds. I’m still kicking around names but keep coming back to 5X3 bassers ... 5 BASS X 3:00 are you the next 5X3 member? P.M. me here or email me direct at joedonnan@yahoo.com. Thank you for your consideration. Good times and tight lines gentlemen.
    Whats the difference from Ohio Bass Nation?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bsnrngr View Post
    Whats the difference from Ohio Bass Nation?
    It’s the same . When the federation split the alliance that stayed with B.A.S.S. Became OBFN . Since then ,they have dropped the “ n” probably to clearly separate from OBF . ( ohio’s FLW alliance) . My apologies. Old habit to say OBFN

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Reelfastbee View Post
    Hi 5 bass assasin I'm doug I live next to caesars creek lake me and my 17 yr old stepson might be interested we have a boat and fish a lot at ccl only because it's so close (5 min) to the ramp
    PM SENT