Banned

Yearly maintenance

I bought my Bird used from a dealer (it was his personal boat) and he advised every year or 100 hours to take it in for yearly maintenance. I plan on doing that after Christmas but I was wondering what kind of bill to expect.

2. Member
    400 plus
    "Everyone should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing."

-Henry David Thoreau

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

author unknown

2015 Phoenix 919 225 Yamaha SHO

3. Member
    Should be cheap if you do the work.There gettin a $125 an hour out here just did my 100 hour and a new impeller ,it was a lot$$$
    2014 Phoenix 721
    250 SHO

Quote Originally Posted by crankbaitpete View Post
    Should be cheap if you do the work.There gettin a $125 an hour out here just did my 100 hour and a new impeller ,it was a lot$$$
    I was going to suggest the DIY route too. It’s easy. I did the plugs, impeller, lower unit grease and fuel filter. All looked in great condition.

2013 Phoenix 721 ProXP

5. Member
    Doing your own service except computer diagnostics will save you a lot of money and youll learn about your boat that's what I do lower unit oil, grease all Zurich fittings clean water strainer, plugs, fuel filter, water pump etc. love knowing my motor and boat and piece of mind.

6. Member
    I plan to do my own. Not sure what to expect on a new 250 XS. The 150 four strokes were a piece of cake. Not sure what the parts are going to run though.

7. Member
    Just did my 200 hour service. New plugs and impeller plus all the normal 100 hour service. It was around $600 after tax. My 100 hour service was $300 or less after tax I believe
    2022 Phoenix 721 / 250 Mercury ProXs / MK Ultrex
    HB Helix 12 G4N / Garmin 106sv / Livescope

8. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I'll have to get my 100 hr service at beginning of Jan.....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

9. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Don't forget to make sure all mounting bolts are torqued to specs too.

10. Member
    It's all great to do your own service but when you have a warranty claim your dealer will go above and beyond for you to if they did the maintenance. Once it's out of warranty I do my own but while under warranty I pay the 400 for the yearly and its paid itself 10 times over on warranty claims for a compressor and lower unit

11. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorsin09 View Post
    It's all great to do your own service but when you have a warranty claim your dealer will go above and beyond for you to if they did the maintenance. Once it's out of warranty I do my own but while under warranty I pay the 400 for the yearly and its paid itself 10 times over on warranty claims for a compressor and lower unit
    good advice here and exactly what i did this Fall on my 2018 920
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

12. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Picked up mine today from my Merc. shop.....right at $600 to change LU oil, spark plugs, fuel filter and whatever they did.....
    Last edited by fishin couillon; 01-08-2019 at 08:33 PM.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsin09 View Post
    I agree. Good advice. You’ll also have a service record from a certified Mercury mechanic that the recommended (required?) annual service was performed correctly. I took mine to the shop until the warranty expired.

2013 Phoenix 721 ProXP