Wacky Riggers / BBC SPONSOR rbarrow's Avatar

Question Is Mountain Island still bad?

Haven't fished it in years primarily because it has always been a really challenging lake to fish. Is it still that way or has it come back at all (or has it just always sorta sucked...<LOL>)..

trying to decide if I am going to donate $$$ to a tourney coming up there....

R

2. Member
    Save your money

3. Wacky Riggers / BBC SPONSOR rbarrow's Avatar
    Went today for a bit. Putting my $$$ back in my pocket!

I live minutes from that lake. I fish it often. Its so hit or miss. The constantly changing water table make its hard for anything to be consistent. Right now its so high its over the point and into the trees just below the bridge down near the dam. I run to the dam up river most times and can catch a few bigger spots up that way. They also put in a new ramp way up there with no dock, looks kinda sketchy to launch from. Usually I can run into a ok-decent fish up there on a jerk bait this time of year.
    "the head, the tail, the whole damn thing"

Pm, me if you wanna know more about it, or if you wanna go some time, I just changed to lowrance units and need all the help I can get on those! lol.
    "the head, the tail, the whole damn thing"

6. Member
    I am not sure how good it is. Have not taken the time to go there. But, any day out fishing is better than working.

7. Wacky Riggers / BBC SPONSOR rbarrow's Avatar
    Sorry I missed Louie's post (and offer!)...much appreciated but the tournament was 12/30 and I am not even sure they held it actually...haven't seen anything about it <LOL>!! Give me a ring anytime with any Lowrance questions...happy to help!

And...agreed... Mr Vince.... working around the shop today when I should be fishing.... damn it.... !!!!

Roy
    Wacky Riggers
    704-762-9066