HDs Live 16” and Airmar TM150

I have a tm150 with 9 pin (black) plug. It will plug into port one (blue) with out an adapter. (New units are both nine pin ports)
    When I go into the installation menu I do not see a selection for Airmar tm150. It seems to be working on channel one but I can’t change the frequency in the side menu like before. Does not show “custom” under frequencies.
    Any help old be appreciated.

2. Member
    This has been covered so many times I have lost count.

TM150M, Like all other Airmar chirp-ducers, will not be in the list on your unit. This ducer has XID and the HDS will automatically detect the model used, the box where you normally select ducer will be greyed out and read TM150M once the ducer is connected to the HDS. If this is not the case, do not use the ducer until you find out what is wrong. (Usually that would be looking at the wrong channel or using the wrong port on the HDS but you seem to have this right.)

3. Member
    Thanks for the response. I did do a search and tried to find the answer did not find any using the live model
    With the live units, seems you can use either port now that they are both nine pin. I have tried both ports and corresponding channels.
    The box where I can select the transducer is not greyed out and I can select any other transducer on the list.

I still do do not get the custom selection under frequencies.

4. Wacky Riggers / BBC SPONSOR rbarrow's Avatar
    I am guessing the TM-150 has a failed temp sensor line which is what also provides the XID function that tells the unit it is a TM-150. If your unit is not correctly detecting the TM-150 when you plug it in , you should contact tech support. We have been through a LOT of tm-150 with this issue.

If you plug in a correctly working TM-150, the unit will auto detect it and gray out your ability to change it. The TM-150 is not in the list of ducers because of this XID function. The closest is the medium/low chirp which is in the database.

Our demo boat has the issue right now but we are just selecting medium-low chirp and running with it. Not ideal but it provides some functionality. Have a new one ready to install but just a bit lazy right now <LOL>.

R

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rthcool2 View Post
    I still do do not get the custom selection under frequencies.
    Yes, it is a reported problem, waiting for the update

6. Member
    Thank you for the responses. I will contact Airmar when they reopen January 2

7. Wacky Riggers / BBC SPONSOR rbarrow's Avatar
    I can confirm that neither a Carbon or a Live will XID a TM-150 under the latest software. Brand new TM-150 out the box.

While we have had a run of 150 with XID issues, which when replaced are detected normally, this is appears to be a software related issue.

have a airmar 150 tm connected to a Carbon. First time plugged in the head unit recognized the ducer. Have a 83/200 gen2 8" next to it. BIG difference....the Airmar really cleans up your picture and gives you separation that the 83/200 ducer can't. You will really appreciate the Airmar.
    Sacred Heart of Mary, pray for us now, and at the hour of our death. AMEN
    O blood and water which gush forth from the heart of Jesus, have mercy on us
    For the sake of his sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and the whole world

9. Member
    Worked fine before on the Carbon and I could adjust the frequency until one on the last updates.
    Had this one on a carbon unit next to a hst 83/200. It was plugged into the 9 pin port and had a 3D box through ethernet.
    Took the 3D box off and went back to the lss2
    Will change the lss2 to an AI 3-1 and keep the tm150 with the live units. Will keep the 83/200 there unhooked as a spare.
    I was happy with the TM150 when it worked

10. Member
    Talked to Airmar. No help. They suggested that I get another TM 150 and connect it to my unit and see if it recognizes it. If it does, then it is the transducer. If not, it is the unit or software. I have two Live units and neither will recognize it. If i find it is the transducer they will replace under warranty (two years)
    I tend to think Fishton is correct and it is a software problem.
    I selected an Airmar on the list that had low/med chirp and will use that until the SW update.
    Even with that, it is better than the 83/200 skimmer or Ai 3in1 transducers.

11. Member
    Use 83 kHz until the issue is fixed. TM150M has 95-155 kHz bandwidth, Lowrance CHIRP bandwidth when manually selected is 67-100 kHz.

12. Member
    Any resolution of this issue? Hopeful that, at least with respect to Carbons, the new update has rectified the issue. I just now installed a new Carbon 12, with SS3D -- but haven't even turned the components on, much less updated them. And, today I received my new TM150 (black plug, to be plugged into black port on Carbon (existing cheapo inhull 2D to be plugged into blue port)), which I'm excited but apprehensive to install. Based on this thread and a nearly identical one on THT, I'm worried whether recent makes of TM150s play nice with upgraded Carbons / new Lives. Whether S/W related (Lowrance) or xducer manufacturing related (Airmar), it certainly sounds as though an issue has popped up out of the blue that quite a few really smart folks have yet to figure out. I'm not sure what to expect with my install, but hope OP and others here see resolution. Hope to hear of updates here.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greywalls View Post
    Any resolution of this issue? Hopeful that, at least with respect to Carbons, the new update has rectified the issue. I just now installed a new Carbon 12, with SS3D -- but haven't even turned the components on, much less updated them. And, today I received my new TM150 (black plug, to be plugged into black port on Carbon (existing cheapo inhull 2D to be plugged into blue port)), which I'm excited but apprehensive to install. Based on this thread and a nearly identical one on THT, I'm worried whether recent makes of TM150s play nice with upgraded Carbons / new Lives. Whether S/W related (Lowrance) or xducer manufacturing related (Airmar), it certainly sounds as though an issue has popped up out of the blue that quite a few really smart folks have yet to figure out. I'm not sure what to expect with my install, but hope OP and others here see resolution. Hope to hear of updates here.
    Plug it in and see if it auto selects the transducer. Then we'll know. ;)

I'm reviving this one from the dead..hoping somebody can tell me why my HDS Live is not recognizing my airmar TM150

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    I'm reviving this one from the dead..hoping somebody can tell me why my HDS Live is not recognizing my airmar TM150
    Check to see if the TM150 channel your using is turned-on:
    Settings-->Sonar

Then under the same Setting-->Sonar under Installation check all your Source channels and what transducers are defined.

16. Wacky Riggers / BBC SPONSOR rbarrow's Avatar
    The TM150 (9 pin version) is correctly ID'ed on the 153 build of 19.1 on the Live. I did not test on the previous version of 19.1 but I do know it did not work correctly on most systems under 18.3.

If you are using the 7 to 9 adapter on the Live...I cannot advise as I do not have any 7 pin TM-150's left in the shop.

As mentioned, you do need to make sure your Live is in multi-source mode (in SONAR settings). If you power it up with a transducer in the channel 2 port, it will automatically enable it....and if it is an XID transducer (HDI 9 pin or TM-150 or AI), it will auto ID it.

Hope this helps.

Roy

17. Member
    Using the black connector, the HDS unit should recognize the Airmar TM150 via XID.