Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sig legion p226 /229 RX

Anyone got one? Thinking about dropping some coin on one. I love my glocks, but these sure ain't no plastic gun.

2. Banned
    I have an Elite 226 and 220. The legion series just doesn't quite do it for me.

3. Member
    I like the looks of it(color). Just not sure the upgrades over a regular p226/9 RX is worth the extra $400. All the reviews I see on YouTube say it is absolutely worth it. I just can't decide.

4. Member
    Not sure of the ins and out of the sig line these days. At $650 or so a sig is a really good gun but for the prices they command these days they are not a good buy IMO. You will get a good gun though if you drop the coin on one. Not like you are getting a POS.

5. Member
    I thought I wanted a Legion. I went to the local gun shop and fondled some. I wasn't very impressed. The trigger did not live up to the hype at all to me. The P320 X5 was a better feeling pistol and I'm not a striker fired pistol lover but out of the two I would have chosen that one. I ended up buying another single action. If I had my mind set on a DA/SA gun I'd get the Wilson Combat Beretta Centurion and have Wilson do the action job before it left their house. The will get it under 6lbs on DA and the leverage point on that trigger is just better than the Sigs. The accuracy of the Wilson/Beretta would be every bit as good too, I would think, and only slightly more expensive than the Legion.

6. Member
    I played with a legion in the store it felt good. I didn't get to shoot it yet, though. I will definitely do that before I put down the $1400 for one. I did like the P320 x5, also. It's a little cheaper. I like the RX series, whether I go with the Legion or not.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassakwards View Post
    I played with a legion in the store it felt good. I didn't get to shoot it yet, though. I will definitely do that before I put down the $1400 for one. I did like the P320 x5, also. It's a little cheaper. I like the RX series, whether I go with the Legion or not.
    $1,400?? You could have the Wilson Beretta with the action job for less. Or you could buy the DA/SA pistol of your choice and send it to a good smith to have whatever you want done to it and still be money ahead. The Legion is for sure not worth that price. I thought I saw them on gun broker for the $1,100-$1,200 range though.

8. Member
    The RX models are $1400 everywhere I've looked. The regular legion without the romeo sight is $1200.

9. Member
    The RX models are $1400 everywhere I've looked. The regular legion without the romeo sight is $1200.
    Gotcha, I thought you were talking about the regular Legion being $1,400. Yeah the regular Legion seems to run in the $1,100-$1,200 range.

10. Member
    I have the 229 RX Legion. Great gun that I think was worth the investment. Many debate the value of all the Legion features, and I get that since everyone has different criteria for what is important or useful to them. But being I wanted an RX model, the only other choice was a base model. So a pretty easy decision for me. Love the safety of the DA/SA for EDC, and the SA trigger with the SRT after the first shot is just very sweet to shoot. I've put almost 2000 rounds down range with it in 1.5 months, and just really enjoy shooting it.

I also have the P320 X5 with a Romeo. For a range gun, the X5 is excellent. Very accurate, nice trigger and just never fails to put a smile on my face. But it's way to big for a CCW, at least for me.
    John

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jejb View Post
    I have the 229 RX Legion. Great gun that I think was worth the investment. Many debate the value of all the Legion features, and I get that since everyone has different criteria for what is important or useful to them. But being I wanted an RX model, the only other choice was a base model. So a pretty easy decision for me. Love the safety of the DA/SA for EDC, and the SA trigger with the SRT after the first shot is just very sweet to shoot. I've put almost 2000 rounds down range with it in 1.5 months, and just really enjoy shooting it.

I also have the P320 X5 with a Romeo. For a range gun, the X5 is excellent. Very accurate, nice trigger and just never fails to put a smile on my face. But it's way to big for a CCW, at least for me.
    Thanks for the input. The p229 is the size / capacity, I want for a carry gun. I did like the p320 X5 too but you're right it is way to big to carry. I already have a carry gun (glock43). I guess, I need to decide if I want another carry gun or if I want something fun to shoot at the range.

12. Member
    Thanks for the input. The p229 is the size / capacity, I want for a carry gun. I did like the p320 X5 too but you're right it is way to big to carry. I already have a carry gun (glock43). I guess, I need to decide if I want another carry gun or if I want something fun to shoot at the range.
    If you decide you want just a "range gun" and want to stay with Sig you should take a look at the P210. They can be had in same price range, the newer models can anyway. The original Swiss made models command thousands but I saw a newer model a few weeks ago at a gun shop and if memory serves is was about $1,200. I almost walked out with it but I actually went there looking for something else so I forced myself away from it. May have to have one at some point though. It's not really something that would serve well for carry. I guess a guy could shoot IDPA or steel challenge with it but it's more of a pure target shooter.

13. Member
    The 210 is an outstanding gun and worth the asking price. Most other sigs are way overpriced for what you get.

14. Member
    The 229 Legion is still a lot of fun to shoot at the range. It's very accurate and the SA trigger is really nice.
    John

15. Member
    I have a 229 Legion, and a base model 229. From what I can tell there isn't anything to justify the price difference to me. I thought the Legion was going to be the end all best gun. Its not a bad gun by no means but when considering the price difference I cannot justify buying another Legion in the future. I can't tell either gun shoots differently than the other. Triggers feel the same. The only difference is the sights and I can see the night sites on the base 229 better than the upgraded night sights on the Legion 229.

16. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    Good buddy of mine is a firearms instructor for the agency he works for through Cleet. He shoots competition and teachs hundreds of officers a year. He had two $3000 2011 STI race guns and got his hands on the 226 legion and stock he said it will out shoot both of his 2011 guns.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by denraytay View Post
    I have a 229 Legion, and a base model 229. From what I can tell there isn't anything to justify the price difference to me. I thought the Legion was going to be the end all best gun. Its not a bad gun by no means but when considering the price difference I cannot justify buying another Legion in the future. I can't tell either gun shoots differently than the other. Triggers feel the same. The only difference is the sights and I can see the night sites on the base 229 better than the upgraded night sights on the Legion 229.
    Yeah, the Legion upgrades aren't a value for everyone. I find it worth the extra, though. The SRT trigger is really sweet, especially when shooting rapid fire. I have larger hands, so the extended beaver tail, more undercut trigger guard and more streamlined controls work better for me. I put the index finger of my weak hand on the front of the trigger guard when I shoot, so the enhanced checkering there and elsewhere is a big deal for me also. The G10 grips are great.

Yeah, you can modify a stock P229 with some of the above to get them close. But I like to EDC bone stock guns. I know you can debate the liability if carrying modified guns vs stock, but I like to just avoid that worry. So the fact that I get everything I wanted in a factory stock gun was a big selling point to me.
    John

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SOONER*REDNECK View Post
    Good buddy of mine is a firearms instructor for the agency he works for through Cleet. He shoots competition and teachs hundreds of officers a year. He had two $3000 2011 STI race guns and got his hands on the 226 legion and stock he said it will out shoot both of his 2011 guns.
    Sorry but I'm calling BS on that one. I also own an STI and have owned Sigs in the past. My STI is the best shooting handgun I've ever shot and I've shot an bunch of guns to include several in the over $2,000 category. Every one of my buddies that shoots my STI wants one. One of my friends already bought one and another has been shopping for one after shooting mine and it's actually one of their lower tier 2011s, a Marauder. Nothing wrong with Sig, they make some real quality stuff but they aren't in the STI 2011 league and they shouldn't be comparing costs and manufacturing processes, but that doesn't mean your buddy doesn't love his.

19. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Junkie View Post
    Sorry but I'm calling BS on that one. I also own an STI and have owned Sigs in the past. My STI is the best shooting handgun I've ever shot and I've shot an bunch of guns to include several in the over $2,000 category. Every one of my buddies that shoots my STI wants one. One of my friends already bought one and another has been shopping for one after shooting mine and it's actually one of their lower tier 2011s, a Marauder. Nothing wrong with Sig, they make some real quality stuff but they aren't in the STI 2011 league and they shouldn't be comparing costs and manufacturing processes, but that doesn't mean your buddy doesn't love his.
    Thats fine my friend. I can assure he has two sti 2011s and can also assure he he is more fond of the sig and how it shoots. He may be the only one that feels like that but there is no BS to be called on this topic. His sig is now his go to range gun and the 2011s are in the safe.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SOONER*REDNECK View Post
    Thats fine my friend. I can assure he has two sti 2011s and can also assure he he is more fond of the sig and how it shoots. He may be the only one that feels like that but there is no BS to be called on this topic. His sig is now his go to range gun and the 2011s are in the safe.
    A poor choice of words on my part. I didn't mean to make it sound like you're were spewing BS, I apologize for that. Let me rephrase by saying being an STI 2011 owner, myself and a previous Sig owner I have a difficult time understanding how your buddy would choose the Sig over his STIs but if it works for him and he just loves it I guess that's his choice. Tell him if he wants to get rid of those STIs I'll send him the address to my local FFL where I can pick them up

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast