2010 mercury pro xs 175 beeps. Help

I start the engine and it runs fine. After 10 seconds it starts to beep every second. Beep beep beep and it will not stop. It has put itself in guardian mode.

Background...
    Compressor went out and i replaced it. Cleaned out the hoses and injectors. Motor ran great. Brought it home and put in a new impeller and then went to the lake to run it. It then started the beeping. I took it to a mercury mechanic and he put it on the computer and it had no faults. I bring it home and it still beeps after 10 seconds of running.

I need advise. Please help me. What can be going wrong with it?

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and provide the Required Info each time you post. Thanks!

Also good idea to clarify the alarm sequence. A Solid Tone, or 4-beeps, Pause, Four beeps.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    1B765115 is the serial number. Sry about that

4. Member
    there will be faults stored if warning horn is activated
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

5. Member
    I found that I have a bad air injector. This should be corrected soon and i hope all will be fixed.

6. Member
    A bad air injector will not set an alarm, make sure your engine oil tank is full.
    Also could be water in fuel.

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickp View Post
    A bad air injector will not set an alarm, make sure your engine oil tank is full.
    Also could be water in fuel.
    Not necessarily accurate. Shorted or open circuit WILL set a fault (and that can occur inside the DI, or in the wiring harness between the PCM and the DI).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

8. Member
    It was the air injector on the #3 cylinder. I replaced it and all is well. I have taken it out twice and it is running like it should.

Side note...these pro xs engines are stout. Not like the old 175 merc i used to have.

9. Member
    much stronger comparable to 200 2,5 efi
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................